I started my night with a purple hooter...

and then I had a gladiator. That was my Sat night, how was yours? Sorry there was no new blog yesterday. I had a chat at Karen's message board and then was working on some stuff before we settled down to watch Rome. My days and nights are flying by, then again, 2 hours of my day is spent working out, that could have something to do with it, LOL.

Weekends do not mean no gym. It doesn't matter that the gym is only open for 3 hours on Sunday, we'll make it there sometime during those three hours, LOL. Last night since I had a scheduled chat there was no time to dally... We spent an hour at the gym doing weights and then came home to change shirts (you know I'm a sweater) and then head back out the door to walk. Since the gym is open 4 to 7 we didn't go til after 4. You know what that schedule means don't you? There was no nap for Ms Leiha yesterday! I don't know why I was thinking after the gym I would be going home, LOL. We got home 10 minutes before the chat started, just enough time for me to put a load of laundry in the wash. All of this working out means I had a ton of laundry to do. I needed workout clothes for today, LOL.

Fabulous author Marjorie Liu is in China for a month and like the dedicated blogger she is, she's blogging about it. She is not at her normal blogging address because she can't access that for a month but if you want to read her adventures click here. Her latest post tells a hilarious story about how to catch a cab. It's made even more hilarious by the fact that every time I've met her she's calm, cool and elegant. Now picture that and read her blog post. Yes, I am the Leiha who won her latest contest. What can I say, I really am lucky when it comes to books.

So are you curious about Sat night? I thought you were. Lina and I decided that we should hook up with Ana before school starts and life starts getting busy. Well for her, I already feel like I'm busy, LOL. Luckily Ana had no plans so she got a babysitter for the night. I did get to briefly meet Little Jack and let me say, I am in love! I would have loved to have spent more time with him. He is smart as a whip! I think he's almost 3. Ana's new house is great. It's huge and a perfect party pad, which it will be next month.

Lina wanted to go back to the British pub we went to for Ana's birthday. I had no problem with that because the pub has karaoke! Woo hoo! Even better, it wasn't busy so that meant a lot of singing for me! Lucky me, unlucky them, LOL. We sat at the bar and the first thing I see is a sign for 2 for one drinks. I can't pass that up. I didn't realize they were shots and huge ones at that. I can't remember what was in the drinks, a few of the ones had jager in them so those I avoided like the plague. The purple hooter was a tad sweet, I liked the gladiator more, imagine that, LOL. Here's a pic of me, Lina and Ana after we first got there. And this was our awesome bartender Rob. He's british and he can sing! He is the lead singer of his own band. Lina talked him into singing a song and he rocked an Oasis song. But he's not the only one who rocked. I did too, LOL. Ana and I put in a bunch of songs right away thinking that would keep us through the night but by the end of the night as people left she kept us in the rotation. We found that out when we saw Ana's name in the cue and she couldn't remember what she put in. I thought for sure she had another song in but she didn't as she found out when she went up there. The lady running it asked her what she wanted to sing and Ana had no clue, LOL. So at least I was prepared when my name came back up again. Ana has a wonderful voice and I love how she's willing to try new songs. I picked Colbie Calliat's Bubbly. I knew I knew the song but couldn't remember how it went. Some girls were excited when the song came on, I heard and oh, I Love this song exclamation. I told them, when I'm done I don't know if you're going to feel this way, LOL. But I did ok on it. The other songs I sang were, The Carpenters Top of the World (Gennita Low turned me on to this), Poison's Talk Dirty to Me, Johnny Cash Ring of Fire (I had fun singing this song, first time I have sung that live), Madonna's Like a Prayer (the audience cheered but I lost track at the end so I stopped singing, LOL) and Ana and I sang Lita Ford's Kiss Me Deadly. It was so much fun! It's a very supportive crowd, especially the people who run the karaoke. They totally supported and cheered on Coco, LOL.

Rob was actually in Daytona last weekend with another bar patron Fat Bastard (yes, that's what they call him) at a bar down the street from us and he told me the bar (a Nascar one Linda) has karaoke until 3am (sound the choir now)! I'm so there!

We had planned on going to the irish bar down by Ana's but the next thing you know it's 1am, LOL. That' what happens when you're rocking the microphone. Lina and I brought clothes in case we wanted to stay the night but we both wanted to sleep in our own beds and more importantly for me, to lounge in my bed the next morning, LOL. So we resisted Big Jack (he was home when we dropped off Ana) and drove the hour home. It was a great evening and the weekend flew by! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Purple Hooters & Karaoke? You must have been in heaven! Can't wait to hear about the NASCAR bar!! Love my Cosmo cover! Thanks!

Bo said...

'I went to a party last Saturday night,I didn't get laid,I got in a fight...' *G* I love Lita Ford,she is a guitar goddess & she can sing! I still have my Lita tape around here somewhere.'Blueberry' is a fave of mine by her as well.Yes,you read correctly-cassette tape,LOL.Awesome karaoke selections!

Jagermeister-GAG!!! You would think I'd like it b/c I am a black licorice fan but I thought it was super nasty when I tried it years ago.Glad they had some drinks you did like.

What a fun time the three of you had,and I love the pics!

Chez said...

Now where is that video Lina. I think you could fit it on this blog somewhere ;)

Leiha said...

I was totally in heaven. I will give you an update on the NASCAR bar once I make it there. You are quite welcome chick!

I love that song too Bo. Ana was like, I don't know the song, I told her to just shout the words and you'll be fine, LOL. I don't like black licorice so double yuck on the jager.

LOL, the video link is not going on my blog, I'm sure it'll be posted in plenty of other places.