One more for the blog...

That is what Lina said to me at the gym today on my last set of exercises. So I did one extra muscle straining push just for my blog. I actually thought I was developing some muscles in my chest while I was working on my triceps and looking at the mirror in front of me, then I realized what I was looking at was a sweat induced mirage. Once I wiped my eyes the muscles disappeared.

But don't worry, I am beginning to see a difference in how fast I move. Lina and I went grocery shopping this morning and Lina remembered we needed parsley while we were in line so I zipped to the produce section and you should have seen how many old people I passed! Yep, I didn't let that old guy with the walker outpace me and the guy with the limp, I smoked him! Since I grabbed the wrong parsley (there were 2 different kinds and of course I grabbed the wrong version) I had to go ALL the way back to the produce section again and I wasn't even winded. I was so proud of myself as I briskly walked thru Publix. I really felt the working out was paying off.

Did you notice how I said we went grocery shopping in the morning? Lina wanted to go first thing this morning. I don't normally leave my bed for a couple of hours after I wake up, thank goodness for my lap top, LOL and she wanted me to get up and go grocery shopping? Obviously I did. How can I resist the lure of food? Lina says she's going to start dangling food in front of me as I walk to make me walk faster, LOL. For some reason she thinks it's funny that I spend the entire time walking looking for new places to eat.

The Biggest Loser was on last night and you know what that means don't you? Yep, I had to weigh in before we went to the store. I lost 4 lbs this week, woot woot! So I have officially lost 7.2 lbs in 2 weeks. Yes, I count the point 2s when losing weight but not when gaining weight, then I round down, LOL. Talk about awesome motivation! I guess all of that talk about diet and exercise actually works but don't you worry I will still continue my love affair with food. Lina hears me wax poetic all of the time about one food item or another, much to her chagrin, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good for you! It's hard work, and you did it.

Rosie said...

Wow, girl, that's an awesome loss!!! Good for you. You've put a lot of hard work (and sweat) into it and see how great the outcome is?!?!

Hugs,
Ro

Bo said...

Fabulous job!!! You both still suck,though,for tormenting me about Guinness & dinner last night LOL!

It was great talking to you yesterday!

Leiha said...

Thanks gals for your support and encouragement. Bo, you know we only tease you cause we love you, well and because we love to tease, LOL. It was great talking to you too!