Happy New Year's from L&L

As you can see Lina made it safely here. I was going to blog on Sunday (Lina got in late Sat) but my roommie forced me to have a drink and that drink turned into half a bottle of champagne so I didn't get beyond a paragraph, LOL.

Lina was a road warrior and drove from Philly to Daytona in one shot. She got stalled in Jacksonville due to holiday traffic and people coming into town for the bowl games (college football for you non-Americans, LOL). But she persevered and made it here a little after 10. She started her day at 4am, gasp! We got her unloaded quickly thanks to our neighbor's shopping carts and settled down to drink some wine (Lina travels prepared) and catch up.

Sunday was exhausting. We began our day at 9am. I can tell Lina is going to be changing my lifestyle. We went to a few furniture stores to get Lina's bedroom set up and you know it was a shock to the system when we went to the store where I got my couch and they weren't even open yet. I should still be in bed! After we hit the furniture stores we went to the grocery store to get Lina some food, a quick stop back at home to eat and off we were again. We went to Ross, TJ Maxx and Bed Bath and Beyond. We had to be back at 3 since Lina's bed was being delivered. Thank goodness since Lina is a machine! I was pooped. Shoot, I start the day pooped, LOL. We came back home and I went down for a nap after the movers left Lina was going back out to get more stuff and I stayed in bed. My sleep kept getting interrupted but I didn't give up and kept going back to sleep, it would just take awhile.

Unfortunately I have had an upset stomach since Sunday. I woke up Monday popping pepto bismal pills. Lina didn't feel that great either but we were determined to go out, especially since they have a NYE celebration blocks from our house. The nearest drinking establishment is .2 miles from our house. Woo hoo! So after lounging around in the afternoon (and my nap) we finally pulled it together to go out. Yes, I wore flip flops. I was going to be walking! I did wear some flats I've never worn yesterday while I was running errands though. My New Year's resolution is to wear more then flip flops (even though I bought 2 more pair at Ross on Sunday, LOL) and to get in shape. Lina will be making sure I keep resolution #2. She's off to find our gym today. I'm laying in bed today. See, we balance each other out, LOL.

It's actually a block party down the street. They close off the road and there were a bunch of live bands playing. This band was our favorite. Not just because the guitar player was shirtless but because they rocked it. They have a myspace page, too bad I can't remember their name but they'll be there at bike week again so we'll see them then. Lina chose Guinness as her drink of choice, I went with vodka. We started the evening at Gilley's Pub 44 which will be our neighborhood bar. Not only is it .2 miles from home, they have happy hour and their regular priced drinks are pretty spectacular. I was drinking grey goose greyhounds and they were only $6! After that we just wandered and drank. I stopped drinking after 5 or 6 drinks.

About 1am we came home to hit the hot tub. Lina thought I was joking when I said we're going to the hot tub. Yeah right! My feet needed some TLC I was on them all night! So we changed into our suits, ignored the sign that said what the pool hours were and hopped into the very hot hot tub. It felt great but after a few minutes we were done. That and we got tired of our neighbors watching us from their balcony, LOL. Then we crawled into Lina's bed so we wouldn't start the new year off alone. I think I passed out before Lina even made it into her own bed LOL. Yes, the adventure has begun!

I hope that you all had a fabulous New Year's eve. So what are your resolutions?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Glad Lina made it there safely, and I loved the photo updates on the evening I got via pix messaging LOL

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion that Lina was going to have an impact on your lifestyle, *SNORT*

I do love me the the Salty Dog as a drink, which is a greyhound with salt around the rim, yummy! We spent the evening at home watching old stallone movies LOL

I hope you love the heck out of your couch chic! Did you say what color you got? Can't wait to see the throw & pillows I got you on it, so hopefully they match!

Your plant probably got burned just because it's a house plant; house plants are shade plants which makes prolonged direct sun a bad thing... Heh
I don't make resolutions LOL

Love you, Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Lina got there OK. I was thinking about that for a few days.

I don't like to make resolutions starting January 1st or on Mondays because they never last! That being said, I decided before NYE to simplify my life. This is actually something I started mid-December, and it feels great!

When does Lina start school?

Chez said...

Ooooh here we go .. remember lots and lots of piccies and good gossip.

I celebrated New Year by drinking (big shock) and giggling my way though a rerun of Can't Stop The Music hahahahahaha. Did it make me feel old? No, just grateful that I will never have to suffer the fate of having to watch such an incredibly dated film about myself as no one in my family ever owned a video camera LOL. I mean did you see the CLOTHES!!!

Gennita said...

Stay warm. It's going to be in the 20s tonight, dahlinks. But it'll warm up during the weekend again.

Signed,

Your neighborhood weather watcher.

Bo said...

Happy to hear Lina got there safe & sound.Yeah,I don't see you staying in bed so late anymore,LOL.

I love TJ Maxx,they have unique stuff.

Sorry neither one of you felt that great,but it would take a lot more than that to keep you two in on the biggest party night of the year,LOL!

Flip-flops are so easy,it seems like work to actually put a shoe on you have to tie or zip up.

I don't remember the last time I made a NY resolution-I always break them,usually in two weeks or less,so I quit doing it.Willpower,what's that.

Phlexie said...

Hello Mannions!

I am actually alive and do exist! Huh! at least I think I do... My whole life has gone topsy-turvy (in the words of Mrs. Fig), and whaddya know, I find myself a college student... again! living in Florida (I swore I'd never voluntarily live in FL or CA), and best of all I have a little Asian House-Queen to keep me company!

I have missed you all tremendously, and here are my New Years Resolutions:

1. Reconnect with my RBL and KMM boards girls!

2. Research ways to learn not to be so hard/critical of myself!

That said...

hope to catch up with you all very soon! The BTS sistahs need a IM-party ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leiha said...

She did ask me if I want salt on the rim and now I know why. No salty dog for me, I don't like a lot of salt. In tomorrow's blog I'll post pics of my new couch! It's here and I love it!

Yeah my poor plant no longer looks as pretty but hopefully it will recover.

Simplifying your life sounds wonderful Karen. Nothing wrong with getting a jump on things and starting early.

Chez, I'll try to share any good gossip I run across and of course lots of piccies. I don't know the show Can't Stop the Music but I agree, I'm happy there's no early vids of me either.

Jenna I was ffffffreezing my ass off today. I so hope it warms up soon.

Bo I'm so spoiled when it comes to shoes. I'm too lazy to buckle straps but I'm going to make an effort, LOL. I hear ya on the willpower thing, good thing I have Lina as backup!

While you are helping me with my new year's resolutions Lina I shall help you with yours!