And the winner is...

I swear the contest is not rigged. I sent a text message to my sis and told her to pick a # between one and seven and she picked three. I was going to ask Lina to pick a # but she reads my blog, unlike my sister. I try to keep it as impartial as possible. So congratulations Nancy, you won the audio copy of Bloodfever!!! Once I receive it, I will then forward it on to you. You all may not know this about Nancy because she hides it behind her sweet smile but she is as competitive as I am so I know as she reads this is doing a happy dance, partly over Bloodfever but partly just because she won, LOL.

Lina and I have a great relationship, she cooks and I clean. Tonight she mentioned how many dishes there were to do, I looked at them and wasn't phased a bit, I used to do dishes for 11 of us, three meals a day. Not that I enjoy doing dishes but I certainly enjoy having someone who loves to cook like Lina does as a roommate. My mom loves to cook too but it's all fried (which is why it's so delicious, LOL). I had to beg her to cook vegetables when she lived with me in Los Angeles. Of course they were cooked in a lot of butter and oil but they were oh so good. Actually my fave thing my mom made was a beef salad, it is so simple yet mine never tastes like hers. But I digress, Lina and I walked to the Dancing Avocado Kitchen yesterday and we both enjoyed it. She had the vegetarian burrito and I had the shrimp and there were lots of yummy shrimp in it. Sorry no pics were taken. I will get back into the habit of sharing my food with you. There were some chips and salsa served with our burritos but I was a good girl and didn't eat the chips (but I wanted to). Of course Lina helped by taking them off of my tray, LOL. Then we walked to the ubs which had a paltry selection of romance books but what they did have was a lot of cookbooks and lucky for me, Lina found 2 she wanted. She has already bookmarked a couple of recipes she wants to try, yay for me! She loves to cook and I love to eat. Like I said, a match made in heaven.

Tonight when we went to the gym The Biggest Loser was on. When we first got on the machines there weren't many to choose from so we were on the other end of the tv it was playing on but when BL came on it had cleared out. Unfortunately the tv it was playing on was the one tv that doesn't play closed caption so 10 minutes into the workout I get off of my machine, without saying anything to Lina and go ask for the remote control. Lina laughed when she saw what I put on. I could not watch msnbc when I knew my show was on. Having something on tv you want to see makes cardio so much more bearable. I couldn't pay attn to my book on tape though so I put music on while watching Bob and Jillian do their thing. Even though I think 2 hours is way too long for this show it does give us time to get home in time to watch the weigh ins. So far I think the right teams have gone home but where I used to love the orange team I find myself disenchanted with them now. I don't like it when teams are too cocky. BTW, after cardio we did abs. We ALWAYS do abs. I don't like doing abs. Lina introduced a new ab exercise today. I did not like it LOL. You know it's bad when crunches are the easy exercise.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

Congrats, Nancy!
Leiha, I hate ab excercises, too. My muscles always cramp, so I just don't do 'em. Hehehe.
I'm way impressed with your fortitude. Are you going to send us pics? Before, during and after?
Share some of those good recipes with us (and pics are always appreciated).
Miss you!

Rosie said...

Hey Nanner, congrats on the win!!!

Oh man, those ab exercises kick my butt every time. But they work so good.

Yay on getting good food. Mmm, a shrimp burrito sounds so good. I'm proud of your willpower over the chips too!

Hugs,
Ro

Bo said...

Congrats Nanner!

Sorry I missed your call yesterday chick,and I'm sorry Lina was making you walk *G* I'll be calling you back today after nap time (I took note when you explained that,LOL).

I meant to tell you,at hubby's work they are doing a bet,sort of their own version of BL,and so far he's lost 10 lbs,he's winning! Hooray for him,but he has been trying to eat dinner before he comes home,apparently my food choices are not diet-friendly,LOL.

Glad you found a good restaurant close by!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I remembered my password LOL!
I did a blog a Gennita Low's :)
Oh anyways, happy you're back at workout again...Madie & I are still fat and loving eating ;)

Leiha said...

I was doing this exercise and I felt it in my ribs and I asked her if that was right, the pain I was feeling, she said yes, well damn, LOL! The before pic is my new profile pic. You know I can't post bad pics of me. I will start taking more food pics.

You know I love chips, that was tough, thank goodness it was tortilla chips and not regular potato chips. I LOVE potato chips!

Congrats to your husband Bo! Now you just need to be a bit more supportive and not make him bring home milkshakes for you, LOL.

Hey stranger! Great to see you at my blog! If I was living at home and mom was cooking for me I would be big as a house. Nothing beats mom's home cooking. Stop by often chick!

NancyB said...

Hey!!! I won!!! I would like to thank... Kim...or Kathy... who picked just the right number! Whoo hooo. Makes me wish I had read the blog yesterday LOL
Thanks Leiha!!