Observations...

Atlanta may be all blacks and gays but Daytona is all bikers and grays. I knew DB has bike week because when people found out I was moving here they all told me about it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known. I didn't realize until I moved here the prevalence of motorcycles the rest of the year. I did know there would be a lot of older people here though, that didn't come as a surprise, LOL.

Also not really surprising is the lack of good restaurants. So far nothing has blown me away. I searched online and found this chinese/vietnamese restaurant. Never a good thing when it's a combo (although Japanese/Korean restaurants I like, mainly cause they're run by Koreans and that's what I plan on eating, LOL). She told me their Vietnamese selection was small which I don't mind but I was disappointed in the food. The pork was cooked more Chinese style then Vietnamese and the kicker was it was more money then I would pay in a Vietnamese restaurant catering to Vietnamese (they always jack it up for the anglos). If it was great I would be ok with it but it was barely good and since I can make the dish at home I guess when I get a craving that's what I'll have to do, if the one Asian store I saw carries what I need. It's a small asian store not a Super H.

What they do have plenty of is pizza places. I swear, there seems to be a pizza parlor on every other block. I guess bikers just want pizza, LOL. I need to research and find out who has decent pizza. I've seen a bunch of attorneys at law too. Bikers need a lot of representation, LOL.

One thing I didn't notice in the ATL that Kim pointed out to me was the fact that they didn't have 7-11. Kim noticed this because she has a slurpee addiction, otherwise, I would have never noticed. Luckily DB is safe for her to visit, there are plenty of 7-11s here. The spring breakers need their slurpees.

Also missing are Nordstrom's and Trader Joe's. I will have to go into the big city if I want to go to Nordy's which just means I won't be spending as much money, which is a good thing, LOL. We have found a used bookstore but haven't had a chance to go in yet. Lina and I will walk there next week because it's by a restaurant we want to check out called the Dancing Avocado Kitchen. I looked at their menu and read the reviews. I have high hopes. Then again, some of the other places I've eaten at had great reviews also, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

Told you I live in the boonies!

Chi Ling on Ridgewood/mainland. Great sushi bar.

The Highlander on Ridgewood.

The Book Rack on Clyde Morris/Madeline

Paneria Bread

Steve's Famous Diner on Nova/Beville

Song Mongolian Grill
Beach St

Julian's
Ormond Beach, totally expensive but famous

Lighthouse Landing Restaurant and Bar
Deck, waterfront, right next to the Lighthouse for sightseeing of entire area if you want to climb a hundred steps.

Houligan's
My favorite in Ormond. Pub/restaurant sports

The Ocean Deck
By you. Go upstairs restaurant not downstairs. Downstairs is band and dancing and fingerfood

Start from this list ;-). More later.

Debbie H said...

Hey, Leiha! Panera Bread is wonderful. Of course, I am bias as my son has been a night baker for them for 10yrs! He works here in OK, so I can't vouch for the FL ones. LOL

Lina may not let you near it as it has the most wonderful pastries in the world!

Bo said...

I don't know why you think you need restaurants,you have a great chef at home,LOL.I suppose Lina would like a break now & then,however.*G*

I am a slurpee/Icee & Sno-cone freak in summer.Hmm,imagine that!

Just think,it will be better to wait the 6 months,THEN go to Nordstrom's for new clothes!
It can be your treat,for working so hard.Think of that next time you're at the gym.

I can motivate anyone except myself,LOL.

Leiha said...

Hmmm, where to eat first? Thanks for the list chick! It's nice having some ideas on where to go. It was great seeing you yesterday also!

Debbie, great to see you here! I have had paneras before and both Lina and I are fans. I LOVE pastries! Especially flaky fruity ones, mmmmm.

Bo, apparently Lina has no plans in cooking every meal for me, imagine that? I enjoy slurpees but they make me thirsty.

Girl, you know I can't go 6 months without shopping. I need new slutty tops. Of course, Nordstroms is not where I go for slutty tops, thank goodness, LOL. I'm a horrible self motivator, I feel your pain.