Mind, body and soul...

That's all Lina wants from me. WTF!?!??! Meet my new workout partner, otherwise known as Evilina. This is how her mind works. I asked her what time we would have to get up today to workout, she said 8, I was like, oh cool, I normally wake up around 8:30 so that's not that bad so she decided 7 would be better then! Luckily she was generous and didn't get me up til 7:46am yes, I looked at my clock, LOL. I did appreciate the extra 46 minutes.

Luckily it doesn't take much for me to get moving. I don't like getting up and getting moving but I can. I brushed my teeth, got dressed and was ready to go. I don't drink coffee so I don't need caffeine in the morning. We drove to the gym Lina decided we were joining (I wouldn't tell a chef what to cook) but turns out they just were bought out and change their name and their prices in the 2 days since Lina talked to someone. They couldn't tell her this over the phone apparently, LOL. Anyway, we drove to the gym that was closer to home and decided to join them even though they don't do classes. I mean, I have Evilina, why do I need a class? After a warm up on the treadmill we went to do weights! I never do weights. It's just not my thing but apparently that's going to change.

We did the leg press machine. Lina put 110 lbs for her round and she put 20 lbs for me! I told her I could do more then 20, until I did one and boy was I ever thankful she only put 20 lbs on, LOL. There went my delusions of grandeur. OK, I had no delusions when it comes to weights but still...20 lbs? I think I did ok holding my own on other machines. The machine where it feels like you're at a gynecologists office was difficult but she says that will help my muscles when it comes to other things, wink wink. Put another 10 lbs on! OK, not really, LOL. I did impress her with my biceps curls though. She started me at 10 lbs then in the next round she went up so I had to go up. There were no 12 lbs so I did 15 and she said do as many as I could with the 15s before going down to 10 and I did 2 sets with the 15s. I must say the last few were tough but I did it. The abs weren't pretty but I survived them, LOL. Lina says I have severe deconditioning of the spinal erector (erector spinae) muscles but my arms are exceedingly strong (for someone so out of shape).

Once we got home is when the DOMS hit (delayed onset muscle soreness). I've never heard of it either but that's what it is called when your muscles realize how much torture put them thru and as the day progressed I felt it more and more, especially in my lower back. It was too cold for us to go walking tonight, yes Lina says 2 a day workouts EAK! so while I didn't like the fact it was too cold for me to soak in the hot tub I can't say I was disappointed to not go walking tonight. After all it is dangerous to workout in the cold and you know I always say, safety first!

I'm also keeping a food journal. Can't say I'm happy about that but I'm less happy about the fact she bought a scale tonight and I have to get on it tomorrow, LOL. I'm keeping my eyes closed. I will have no secrets from Lina while living here but I can have secrets from myself!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Sounds like Lina has gone total P.M.G.B. on you from the start,I'm sorry! Better you than me,EG!

Look at it this way,you will be so toned and fit after these 6 months are up that you will need more FAP'S!!!!!

Evilina....yeah,I think so *G*

Anonymous said...

You both look gorgeous! hey did Lina delete her myspace page?? Couldn't find it to send her a new years wish! Hope you girls take some time to relax more...florida sun becomes contagious!

Brenda said...

OMG, I'm tired just reading your blog.
Sooo, if I get to come visit, is Lina going to make me eat greens and fish? Is there a Korean buffet anywhere near? LOL!
Happy new year & I hope you & Lina have the best one yet.
Pics of the furniture?
Kisses!

Chez said...

Hahahahah *coughchokesplutter* oh yeah that gym schedule sounds totally doable hahahaha. I need a nap just reading about it.

Leiha said...

I have no idea what PMGB means? Pure mean goddess bitch? FAPs? I'm so out of the loop! I did see a place on our walk that sells skanky clothes, perfect for me LOL.

Lina had some problems with her myspace page. One of these days she'll rebuild it. I'm looking forward to it becoming warm again. I'm already spoiled after one week LOL.

I'm still trying to find a korean restaurant. So far no love. Luckily Lina has vacation modes too so if you come visit you can be in vacay mode and eat what you want but you may have to go walking, LOL.

Chez, I need a nap too! Just as I laid down to take one it was time to go somewhere else, calgon take me away, LOL.

Bo said...

*Tsk,tsk* Ask your roomie about her P.M.G.B. moniker-she told me it stands for Psycho-Militant-Gym-Bitch,I think she said her sorority sisters gave it to her,LOL.

And you forgot about FAP's,Leiha,I am so disappointed,LOL!

Fabulous Ass Pants,of course! *G*

Leiha said...

LMAO, I don't recall making an acronym out of Fabulous Ass Pants but I should have known. I bow my head in shame, LOL.