I achieved failure today...

and apparently that is a good thing. Lina had me doing bicep curls with 15 lb weights and I got half way up on a rep and couldn't go anymore, that was a good thing. I don't know why. Maybe the fact that I pushed myself so far. My arm literally just dropped halfway thru, LOL.

Last night Lina and I were sitting around, replete from our dinner and she said she's now in the mood to make soups. Of course I was very enthusiastic. She said if I find the recipe she would make it. Next thing you know I was searching epicurious for highly rated recipes. One of the ones I found was for a winter squash soup with gruyere croutons. Guess what Lina made today? She used vegetable stock instead of chicken and milk instead of heavy cream and it was fabulous. She used the croutons with the leftover lettuce soup and OMG! Mouth watering good. I'm not a crouton eater and I normally don't put crackers or anything in my soup and these were so fantastic. Even if you don't love squash, which I do, you should try making the croutons for your salads or soups or use bigger pieces of bread for spaghetti (I'm thinking of your family Rosie).

Today my friend Susan who lives in Austria sent me a recipe book for Austrian desserts which is PERFECT! I probably wouldn't make the recipes but my roommate will bake them for me. Color me happy! Talk about timing, she also sent coffee. I don't drink it but if you want to try austrian coffee come visit.

I went to Ross today, I decided since there is actually a cook in the kitchen I should get some more pans LOL. When I moved to Atlanta I didn't bring any pans with me. I didn't really need more then a couple so that's all I bought but I want to make sure that my chef has the tools that she needs. I bought a pot for soups and a wok style pan for stir fry. Thinking about that, the last pan I bought was because I didn't have a sauce pan for Lina when she visited me in Atl and was cooking for me there. Next up is a cheese grater. She had to slice the cheese by hand today. Oh, I also need to get my knifes sharpened. I always just use my steak knives for cutting since I was too lazy to get my knives sharpened but Lina is not lazy so I will have to work on that also. I also bought a new pair of flip flops tevas this time, I don't have this color, LOL and some workout clothes. I was too lazy to try them on at the store (hey, I can't change overnight) so they may be going back. I bought a couple more photo albums, my pictures came! Now I have to actually sit down and put them in an album. Maybe I'll work on it this weekend but I'm not making any promises!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Hey chica, I forgot about the whole copyright thing and copying recipes from books. But thanks for the link to the soup. Those croutons sound so good and would definitely go with a pasta dinner. *G* I'll tell the Idiot you said hi! LOL.

I swear, ever since you told me about Ross years ago, I've been an addict too. I love that store and I never try on stuff there. Usually I'm pretty lucky with what I pick. It's also a great place to get home stuff.

Have fun with the pics and the albums. I have so many that I'm just overwhelmed. One of these days I'll get motivated to put them in some order.

Hugs,
Ro

Leiha said...

It's not the copyright I'm worried about, it's just a lot of typing, instead of copying and pasting LOL.

We've gone there a lot to stock up our pad. I have a bamboo tv tray style table I bought that I absolutely love. You know I love the Ross!

Haven't started on the pics yet. I'm too tired when I get back from the gym but my goal is to start soon.