A glorious day!

It was in the 80s today, apparently the weather is unusually warm this year. I say bring it on! I was almost ready to throw my suit on and go to the pool and work on my tan and then I looked down at my belly and decided to wait, LOL. The holidays are definitely not lounging by the pool time.

I did a little research and Daytona Beach has a big Main street celebration for New Years. Guess who happens to live a couple of blocks from Main St? Guess how strong the chances are that Lina and I will be walking to our NYE party, LOL.

Picked up the latest Kresley Cole, Wicked Deeds on aWinter's Night last night, which would be about 1am. I made myself put it down after 4 chapters. I knew if I didn't I would end up reading all night long. But I did spend my nap time today reading and finished it. That's right, I skipped my nap it was that good. I'm actually trying to spend less time on the internet (gasp!) and more time reading as well as doing other things. At my old place I was on the computer even when watching tv but since I have the desk set up where the living room is I'm sitting there when I'm on the puter and leaving it when I watch tv. Of course, I don't have a couch yet so that could all change very quickly, LOL.

Speaking of my couch, Dao made me a little worried with the whole hot weather and leather thing but I did some research and people who had leather couches said they were comfortable in the winter and summer because leather breathes so no need to cancel my order. Whew!

I tried to screw in a ceiling hook to hang my plant but it wasn't working. Apparently, this ceiling is made of sterner stuff so I have my hanging plant out on the deck but I'm getting nervous, I don't want the leaves to get burned. Hey, it happens! The rest of my plants are doing fabulously. Moving is always difficult on my poor plants, especially when things get piled on top of them but I watered them and now they're getting so much sun, that they are basking in the glow. I'm almost tempted to go buy some more plants but I guess I can wait until I move. As it is, I need to resoil some of my plants. I meant to do it before the move but that so didn't happen so yes, I moved the bag of soil I had, LOL. You know I'm cheap with my money! Well, when I'm not stuffing it down some gstring, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Ola chica, Glad to read you're getting settled in so nicely :)
I'm a bit envious of your weather though, it's 20-something degrees out and there's a foot or better of snow on the yard...

I expect to see pics form the NY party LOL

Personally I can't stand leather, my DH has leather in his truck and no matter the season I find it unpleasant. Cold in the winter and sticky as heck in the summer. Winter I can deal because my bare skin sees no air LOL But summer... Blech. When I got my truck I threw a bit of a tizzy to make sure I DIDN'T get leather. I wonder if the leather used for furn. is different... I did see a suede sofa set I fell in total love with, but I have cats, can you imagine the mess? Heh.

I'm very happy to hear your plants are happy!

Leiha said...

I am normally not a leather person myself. I like cloth car seats but this one really caught my eye. My couch is being delivered today. Keep your fingers crossed that it's as fabulous as I remember it being.

My plant I had outdoor did get burned. I don't understand how that works. The plants that live outdoor don't get burned. So irritating. The leaves are no longer as glorious but hopefully it recovers.