I'm sitting here waiting to get my pap smear joy oh joy and decided I might as well type up my blog post since I am not connected to the internet. I did bring a book with me to read but I'm trying to be productive. Last night I even packed a few more boxes. One huge box of shoes (with more to pack) and the books I have in my bedroom. My living room is slowly starting to fill up with boxes. I had some empty boxes in front of my plants so it's a good thing I did some packing a couple of those plants were severely lacking in water. One of the gals on Saturday gave me a poinsettia plant. I'm very excited about it since I didn't get a tree this year. I was really planning to but with mess my place is and I didn't want to buy more stuff to move so next year I really will get a tree. Maybe I'll shop for my ornaments and tree after Christmas since I'll be settled then. Of course I planned on doing that last year. You know how lazy I am so I figure it's a 50/50 shot.

Currently my moving plan is (it changes on a daily basis) to move the weekend before Christmas. I would like to try and find a couch before Lina gets there. No guarantee I will but I will try. By searching Craigslist (I love Craigslist) I found a company that will load your truck for you. 2 guys for 2 hours is $80 and that is money well spent! I honestly don't think it will take 2 hours to load my truck but figure better safe then sorry. The nice thing is I won't have to do it! Now I just need to surf CL in Daytona Beach and find some guys to unload. Those guys I will feel bad for, since I'll be living on the 6th floor. It's actually more important to find someone down there. Ana and her hubby have offered to help (well she volunteered her hubby) but if I can pay someone that would be better. That is a lot to ask of people. Not that I wouldn't if I had to, as my brother who helped me move 3 times in 3 months knows, LOL. So you're not off of the hook yet Ana but I'm trying:).

I cooked dinner for Kim last night. She's been none too happy with my lack of cooking. It is fun to cook for someone and since I needed food too I made us a broccoli casserole, a lettuce-less salad and snow crab clusters. Sure there wasn't a lot of cooking with the crab but they were on sale, score! Dinner was fabu!

Kim and I went to see Atonement. Be forewarned, it doesn't have a HEA which is why I didn't want to see it but Kim really wanted to so off we went. It was good but not great. I enjoyed Keira Knightly in this role. Sometimes she really bugs me but she was great here. The acting was great but you know me, I need the HEA. Kim says she liked it but didn't love it. The whole reason she wanted to go was because it's getting so much Oscar buzz so i think she was a little disappointed. She said it wasn't what she was expecting but she couldn't tell me what she was expecting, LOL. I knew it wasn't going to be a feel good movie and I was correct, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Glad you found some moving muscles. I detest moving as I such a pack rat and I hate throwing things out! Hope the move goes well and a week before Xmas too! You're going to be a busy girl!

I thought Atonement looked good, but I am also need the HEA. Lucky me, on the weekend I got to go to a boy movie. Hitman, based on the game. It was loud and when it said nudity I was all set to get me some Timothy Olyphant nekkid ass shots. I have dribbled over him ever since discovering him as the hardassed sheriff Seth Bullock in Deadwood. But, it was not to be. This was SUCH a boy movie!!! There were boobies all over the show but no nekkid Tim. *sigh*

Happy packing chick!

Brenda said...

I'm so sad that you're leaving. *sniff*
But, I'd do the same thing if I were you. You & Lina are going to have a blast. I want to see pictures of the river-view when you get there.
Did you take Kim to Super-H? Is that where you got the snow crab? My mind is never too far away from food.
Thanks to you and Sarah for the movie reviews. I don't get to go often so when I do, I don't want to waste my money. I insist on the HEA.
Tell Kim I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her this time around. I bet the Rents would have liked to meet her too. LOL!