Merry Christmas!!!

I'm in Daytona Beach and working on getting settled. Wow, I've forgotten what it's like to not have anyone around, I've had company for so long, LOL. I'm not quite as unpacked as I want to be. I had to run to the store and that took longer then planned, driving around and trying to get acclimated and find the stores I wanted which were all in different directions. I would have preferred to just concentrate on getting unpacked but had zero food, ran out of water and I knew the stores wouldn't be open tomorrow. Plus I wanted to get a steam cleaner for my rug, it really needs it and I wanted it to look good before my new roomie got here. Plus this apartment has a lot more light, LOL.

I'm very happy with the apt. It's a crap shoot when you order anything online and here I was ordering an apt online, LOL. The living room is smaller then I thought, which means the way I mentally planned on decorating had to be adjusted but I think it's turning out pretty good. Since I'm moving in 6 months I'm not unpacking all of my books. I'm just displaying my signed ones and some of my many TBRs, LOL. So that means I still will need to go through my books because my TBRs are mixed in with everything. Kim said when she moved the last time she used those big plastic bins and my brother said it made moving so much easier, since I'll be moving soon I bought 5 of them while at Target, the red ones were only $4 so I'm going to put some stuff in there and I may be back there in a couple of days to buy more.

BTW, my biggest moving tip is to use a shopping cart. My neighbor let me use his and I had a dolly and a flat cart and we ended up using this big shopping cart to load most everything. I live on the 6th floor but thank goodness they have 2 elevators here. It still was time consuming to move everything but I am not sore, woo hoo!

I'm really happy to be here. It's in the 70s this week and as I was driving I had to adjust the temp in my car. The view from our balcony is even better then the pics. We're right on the river. I did notice a river smell on the first floor but being on the 6th floor I get the view without the smell, LOL. Actually we live within walking distance to the beach and where Gennita Low took us to dinner when Lina and I were down here this summer so that is cool. There's restaurants and a movie theater right there. It's going to be fun exploring the hood with Lina.

Speaking of whom, she'll be here on Sat. Originally she was coming in on Thur but plans got changed which I can totally relate to. As excited as I am to see here I'm a little relieved I have a couple more days. Not that I won't be unpacked by Thur I will (after all, I am a professional mover, LOL) but I still need to get us a couch. I wanted to have it before she got here and since tomorrow is a holiday (which is quite inconvenient for me) that takes a day out of furniture shopping for me. Not that Lina expects me to have everything done prior to her getting here but her plan was to get a furnished place and I changed the plans to get unfurnished so I want to make it as cozy as possible before she gets here.

I promise to try and be a better blogger. I had gotten out of the habit but I will get back into it. I have missed blogging.

Here's a holiday greeting from my #1 fan Jan Kees. It takes a minute to load but it's worth the wait.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday with friends and family. Although I don't have friends or family physically close to me you are all in my heart and I feel loved constantly. I am blessed.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

Merry Christmas!
I'm so glad you & Lina found a great apartment. I haven't seen pics yet. Where're the pics?
We just got back from our cruise yesterday,where mom got a bit tipsy. That's funny in itself, but she kept asking me about
"her" girls, Leiha and Dao. She would forget she'd just asked and then ask again. LMAO!
I'm planning my trip down to visit, so hurry and get that couch. Hehehe.


P.S.
I hope you have a better landlord this time.

Patti O'Shea said...

Leiha,

Merry Christmas! I'm glad you're safe in Daytona; I was wondering how the move was going. :-) I hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

Patti

Rachael Narins said...

Welcome to Florida sweets! I hope you love it.

Merry Christmas!

Rachael

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your move went OK. I've moved over 35 times in my life, so I'm a professional mover as well. But, I haven't moved since I had kids, so I'm sure the experience would be much different now.

I love the elf thing. I can recognize you and Nes of course, and I think I know which one is JK, but who is the other person?

I'm assuming you forwarded your mail because I sent you a Christmas card. Hope you get it.

Much love for you this holiday season!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas darlink!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leiha, Glad you are getting settled! Have fun couch shopping!

Leiha said...

The pics are coming, the pics are coming, LOL. So are the emails, I'm woefully behind, I'm sorry. I want to hear al about your cruise! Dao and I were talking about the fact you were on your cruise last week. I'll have to drop a line to the rents soon.

Patti, I hope that you had a wonderful Xmas too. I finally found In the Midnight Hour. I went thru my packed books looking for it because I need to read it. I had misplaced it, lol.

Rach, it was great catching up with you today. You need to plan a trip to visit your parents soon.

Karen, I received your card and loved it. Tomorrow I'm going to display my Xmas cards, so I can finally enjoy them. There were 2 Nes elves. JK messed up, LOL.

Mich I hope that the woods household hd a wonderful Xmas.

Merry Christmas chick! I hope to see you soon but at those prices I'm guessing not next week, LOL.

Patti O'Shea said...

Leiha,

I hope you enjoy Midnight Hour when you have a chance to read it. :-) Sounds like you're really working hard to get everything done, but it'll be so nice when you're finished!

Take care,
Patti