I'm 97% done!

OK, maybe only 95% LOL but the light is at the end of the tunnel. I spent yesterday unpacking when I wasn't fielding phone calls. Did I mention my new place comes with cable? I haven't had cable in years! So I watched the Bravo Project Runway season 3 marathon. I love how they do reality show marathons. I also steam cleaned my rug, it really needed it, LOL. Anyway, back to the unpacking. I was so busy yesterday I didn't even take a nap! GASP! I know!!! But I hate living out of boxes and like having my stuff around and where it should be so I plugged away at it the last couple of days.

Today I took care of my bedroom and kitchen. I do have one box to unpack in the kitchen which will only take a few minutes and I need to get my office area organized (I threw a bunch of stuff in a drawer I need to go thru) and then I will be done! Woo hoo! I do have a pile of boxes in my bedroom but that's for the stuff I won't need for the next 6 months so I packed as well as unpacked since I had to go thru everything first. Makes things a little more time consuming but it will be worth it in 6 months.

So I went shopping for a couch today. I went to 3 different furniture stores. I was hoping to find one I wanted for around $500, unfortunately the one I wanted was significantly more then that. I consoled myself with the fact that I'm paying less in rent and it came with a chair also. It's italian leather. I never really planned on getting leather furniture but I really liked the way it looked and felt and I can warm up the look of it with a throw and some pillows (courtesy of Aimee) and I mentioned it came with a chair! I'm growing up and getting big girl furniture but it was a little scary. I had to call Nancy and let her know. I was hoping they could deliver it asap but it's not getting delivered until Tue which sucks. I wanted it to be here when Lina got here. Once I get my new couch I'll take pics to share of the couch and my pad.

I haven't lived in a place with sower curtains in awhile. I have sliding doors. So I went to buy a shower curtain and took down the shower rod to put it on and the curtain was too small. That's when I saw the button holes for the curtain rings! D'oh! Went back to Target today to get them and decided to stock up on ornaments and wrapping paper. I haven't had a tree in years, since Jordan moved back home and when he went I sent my ornaments with them (my sis lost them!) and last year I decided I wanted one this year but then I was moving so next year for sure I'm having a tree and might as well get everything while it's on sale. I also finally got my silver tree *G*. Course I still ended up spending a fortune since I was starting from scratch but I'm already looking forward to next Xmas. I did think for a sec about setting it up today but we all know how lazy I am, LOL.
Next Xmas will be soon enough.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Wow you are organised honey. Sounds like a nice couch though .. Italian leather hmmmmm. Must be something about the leather in Florida as you seem to be more partial to it there LOL.

Glad to hear that you are all moved in and hope that your Christmas (sans Christmas tree till next year) was fabulous. I hope that one day my little parcel catches up with you

Anonymous said...

Leather couches are the way to go. When our kids were little, we bought a trio of couches/chairs from a furniture store that was going out of business. They are so much better than fabric when spills occur.

Glad you are all settled in hon.

Anonymous said...

Settled in and SOOO much closer! Now i'll really have a reason to drive up north to Daytona! Or have you pop on over to the sunnier side of Ft Lauderdale! Now you can certainly pick up all the cuban food you want! Congrats on your move and give Lina hugs on my behalf! Too think....you will be in DAYTONA for spring break in about two months. Are you ready for that!?! Kisses

Brenda said...

Ooooo, a leather couch. I can't wait to sit my butt on it; just another reason to visit.
You bought a silver bling-bling tree??? Must have pics of that too. If it's the kind I'm thinking of, we had one back in the 70's. LMAO! I love some of the stuff that's back in style. My granny wore patent leather go-go boots and beads until the day she died at 100. I hope I grow up to be like her (sans the century mark).
Please tell Lina I said "HI". You're books & extras will be arriving soon.
Hugs!

Brenda said...

I meant "your" books will be arriving, not "you're"....
sheesh.

Bo said...

That was a pretty quick job of unpacking & stuff,25,000 points for that LOL.

I need a new couch,mine is thrashed.I wouldn't dare get Italian leather with kiddies around,LOL.You scored,getting a chair with it!I love my big overstuffed chair in our living room,it's where I read.

Now is the time to be buying Christmas stuff,that's for sure! Every year I say I am going to set aside $$$ for the sales,and every year I don't,LOL.Silver is good.

Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Leiha said...

I am surprised at myself with getting leather but now I can't wait for my couch to be delivered. I did receive your parcel and I loved it. I'm sorry I didn't em you to thank you. I can't wait to try and make a pavlova.

I like furniture you can live on and I don't want to worry about stains etc so that is a definite plus.

Nally, we'll definitely have to plan a get together soon. Exactly how far is Ft Lauderdale from Daytona Beach? I am so not ready for spring break but I know my brothers are, LOL. They are digging the fact I'm so close to the beach and would have free place to stay. As long as they take their male whoring somewhere else it's all good, LOL.

Brenda, anytime you want to hop in the car and come on down please do! Would love to see you.

Bo, with kids thrashing the furniture I would go to goodwill, LOL. This is the first year I actually stocked up on Xmas items, I always say I'm going to and I never do either, LOL.