A week in the life...

I have been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out what to blog so you-all are getting the quick and dirty wrap up of my week... It is not to exciting but all I have got tonight.

Friday was super slacker day at work. We only worked till 10:30 and then headed out to the Seattle waterfront to catch a luncheon cruse around Elliot bay. The first thing they did was have an icebreaker and asked for ten volunteers for a game. I did not know what the prize was but I knew my boss had been sent out to pick up gift cards so whatever it was it would be good. Can you guess what the game was from the picture? Yes, it was the Chubby Bunny game. For those of you lucky enough to have never played this game it is where you stuff marshmallows into your mouth one by one and say Chubby Bunny - when you cant say it you are eliminated... until you have a winner. When the first person was disqualified and got at $15.00 Starbucks card it was game on! Long story short I finally had to give up and proudly claim second place... I think I had 9 marshmallows stuffed in my mouth and no air would come out, damn that Chubby Bunny, grrrr. But I won a $25.00 Visa gift cart that I ended up trading with the winner for her $30.00 Starbucks card because she doesn't drink coffee. The day was perfect - great food and calm sea's with warm weather. As company picnics go this one was great.

Friday night I met with my trainer (my poor calves still hurt) and then ran home showered and went to the movie Superbad with a couple of guys from the gym. It rocked that I have been going to the gym enough I am becoming part of the group. This movie was absolutely inappropriate in every way - and just hilarious! I couldnt leave to go to the bathroom because it just kept getting funnier and funnier and I knew I was going to miss something. I recommend seeing this movie if juvenile booze, sex and coming of age jokes tickle your funny bone. I still think about scenes and start laughing out loud to myself... If you see it say hi to McLovin for me! These guys don't remind you of some girls you know that get together and crowd around the laptops do they?


The last of my great adventures this week was my first try of Indian food. I have been putting this off for a long time because I wanted to go with someone. I was scolded by a guy at work who told me to try a new place that has an $8.00 buffet that he swears is delicious. Luckily I persuaded my dad to take the plunge with me. We told the lady at the restaurant this was my first time and she took me to the buffet, explained what everything was and assured me that nothing was hot. I am happy to report that every single thing I tried was delicious! I think my favorite was the rice pudding for desert (no surprise there) I had Tandoori Chicken, Naan bread diped in yogurt sauce, Basmati Rice, Cilantro Garden soup, Kasturi Chicken, Cucumber Mint Salad, and (sorry Leiha) a really yummy salad with curried apples and bannanas. I went back for seconds and was disappointed I couldn't eat it all.
All in all it was a nice week. I wish everyone a great new week!
Nancy B
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Ummm, I have never played that game and don't see myself doing well but you know I would totally try. Score on the guft card, of course I would have kept the Visa, LOL.

I heard superbad was funny. Don't know if I'll actually watch it in the theater but I do like the people who did it, my Freaks and Geeks guys, LOL. I am so happy that you are making gym friends!

I'm starting to eat more indian food myself and really enjoy it. Turns out I love their veggies more then their meat. So glad you and your dad had a great meal and what a steal at that price!

sparkle said...

I'm glad that you have found Indian Food! I think it's great..now I have the best place to take you next time you visit!! Can you say I'll have a mango margarita with that?

Chubby Bunny is a classic! Glad you did so well, but where's the pic??? LOL!!

Bo said...

I though 'Hey,Peeps!' when I saw the pic,and then 'Wait a sec,it's not Easter,what's up?' *G* I have never played Chubby Bunny either but am LOL thinking about it,although I think I'd make a better spectator than participant.WOOHOO on the Starbuck's card!!!

Superbad looks pretty funny,and that Balls of Fury as well,but I'll watch almost anything with Christopher Walken in it,he's one of my fave actors.Just something about the way he delivers his lines that cracks me up,and the way he plays bad guys.

I've never had Indian food but $8 is a great deal for a buffet,and it sounds good!

Brenda said...

LMAO! That game sounds funny. I'll have to try it with my daughter this weekend.

NancyB said...

Be careful playing Chubby Bunny - after I played I had 5 people tell me kids had died because the marshmallow clogged their windpipe and they choked to death. Funny but deadly!
Sorry guys no pics - at least none I have seen yet.

Chez said...

Choking kids on marshmallow chubby bunnies. Now there are some SERIOUS game playing kids. Sounds like a great party game, right up there with tin foil alien thought repeller making contests. I love strange games for sobriety challenged people.