My car no longer has that new car smell...

Which is not a big deal in that I don't really like the new car smell but I would much rather prefer the new car smell over what it currently smells like and that would be a dumpster! You read that correctly, my car currently smells like the inside of a trashcan! I put some garbage in my trunk yesterday that I needed to toss and I totally forgot about it and let me just say it was almost a hundred degrees today and I didn't get in my car til 10pm. I about gagged. I was driving with all of my windows down and the a/c on full blast trying to circulate the air. My errands were short so I've cracked the windows and will lower them fully tomorrow. Any suggestions for making my car smell better without making it smell like one of those awful air fresheners would be greatly appreciated. I think I have some fabreze so I'll be using that tomorrow for sure.

Yesterday I stopped to get a pedi on my way home. I have been meaning to stop at this place before because you know I don't like the other one I've been to. I was tired and had driven a lot so I didn't want to wait or take a long time. I almost walked out when they told me a 5 to 10 minute wait. Of course they got me seated right away. I grabbed a magazine because I didn't want to chat but I could totally tell they were Vietnamese by how they were talking. Eventually she asked me what I was, she guessed Taiwanese so I told her I was half Vietnamese I just didn't want to tell her because I can't speak it. That totally craked them up and the floodgates were open, I of course had to entertain them. So much for reading my magazine. They thought I was the funniest thing since sliced bread. So now I have a new nail salon and when my toes get so bad I don't want to touch them I will take them to the professionals, LOL.

So the plan was to get to bed early from now on. It's a quarter after 1 now, so much for that, LOL. Of course 2 nights ago when I made that statement I did get to bed only a half an hour after I planned but I couldn't get to sleep and I slept like crap so I'm throwing my schedule out the door! It's Thur already anyway.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

You should have just said 'I'm the Asian Queen,don't you know?!??' w/ that big cheesy smile,when they asked you! Okay,so maybe that wouldn't go over so well w/them,LOL.I'm trying to imagine the look on your face when you told them you can't speak Vietnamese.*G* At least you found a great place to go for a pedi.I painted mine on Mon. but was so lazy I put the red right over the purple,I did not want to tax myself trying to remove the old polish,LOL.It's hard enough just to get them painted.

Not sure what to tell you about the car,although the airing out and time will help the most.Hubs & I left some catfish bait in the trunk of a car once and the sun baked it so the car smelled gross for quite a while.We hosed out the trunk-but it was an old shitty car,LOL.Maybe you could try one of those odor-neutralizers,instead of an air freshener? Oust,I think its called,although I've never used it.

What's a schedule? *G*

Anonymous said...

Leiha,
take some charcoal ,use a hammer to break them up and put them under the seats.
I use this in the basement and it really works.

Karry

Leiha said...

LOL, I'll have to say that the next time! My peeps are always appalled when they find out I don't speak the mother tongue. I just blame it on the parents because it is their fault.

Ewwww, catfish! That would make me gag.

A schedule is something I am never on but I think about every now and again, LOL.

Thanks Karry. I don't know if I want to put charcoal in my car, the interior is tan, LOL. Luckily my car smells tons better the trunk is still a little gross but I'll fabreze it and it should be fine. I'll keep the charcoal idea for the future though:)