Nancy's Birthmonth... Continued


Well somebody (Nancine) did not post the pictures or continue the rest of her weekend with Linda so here I am to finish up. First here are the pictures from Linda's post on Sunday about sailing.This is us before the sailing but after the 2 1/2 vodka tonic's at the Yacht Club... yes Nancy was loaded at the yacht club. Needless to say there was some shushing going on LOL.

This is my favorite self portrait of the weekend. It is hard to tell but the boat is heeling (that is the sailing word of the week boys and girls - it means going really fast while the boat is tipped sideways) and we were flying down the Columbia river.

Here is a quick peek at Captain Linda and deck hand Nancy. This picture can go with my one from MD when I was driving the schooner.


Last but not least is my humble attempt to capture the boat heeling - it is hard to tell but it was totally tipped! Plus - the boat is just beautiful!

Saturday Linda and I went out past the suburbs of Portland to a lavender farm (called... The Lavender Farm!) We picked our own bunch of lavender, and Linda picked a bunch of plants for her front deck. After that Linda and I checked out the gift shop - Linda picked up some culinary grad lavender as well as a lavender syrup. Who knew you could eat the yummie tasting stuff!

While Linda was checking out the cooking stuff I stepped out for "just a minute" because I had found out they had chickens. I LOVE chickens, alive ones, not the creepy stuffed ones. I wanted my picture taken with them. I found the chickens and tried waiting for them to come out of their coop. I called and waited and cooed and waited and clucked and waited, but those darn chickens wouldn't come out!! Do you see where this is going yet? I may have forgotten to mention to Linda I was leaving the gift shop... I did finally find her on the opposite side of the farm looking for me. Oops :)

I am sorry we don't have more pictures but we asked one of the people working to take our picture for us. We should have been wary when we handed her the camera and she said "I have just never learned how to use one of these things." Ummm it is a camera, just point it and push the silver button on the top. Four tries later we finally had our shot... or so Nancy thought. We got in the car and Linda breaks it to me that there are no pictures of the both of us, the lady still hadn't taken the picture but Linda gave up and told her it was a great one LOL. Luckily there is a picture of each of us separately.

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. First on the patio at McMinimins drinking cocktails and eating tater-tots. Yes it was heaven. Then we hit the mall for a little shopping (one shirt and the cutest cami set) and a makeover at the Laura Mercier counter. We look so great in the following shots because of the great work the ladies did. I felt so pampered.

We met up with Michelle (my cousin) and Linda's friend Deb at the newest happening spot in downtown Portland, Bay 13. We were lucky enough to 1) get a front parking spot and 2) a great spot in the bar with a comfy padded bench perfect for people watching. No pictures of food, sorry but we were busy eating. We had a spicy something roll and the Bay 13 roll that had fried shrimp and 3 sauces on it... both were divine! For dinner I had the sturgeon because I had never had it before - if you have never had it your not missing much. Michelle had the tuna sandwich with yummy sweetpatato fries, Linda the chicken over polenta, and deb had the soup - cant remember what kind it was. Oh and tons of drinks - I don't remember what kind, how bout you Linda? The only bad thing about hanging out in the cool spots with Linda is my poor cousin has the impression I am somehow cool... or she did until I took her to the combo bowling alley, pool hall, restaurant, night club last time she was up here. We of course ended up with our old pal's Jojo and ummm Daryl(?) at Morton's for Champagne. More fun people watching and being treated like queens by Linda's peeps. Eventually we (and when I say we I mean Nancy) stumbled out to the car to head home... but guess who was hungry? All I have to say is the sturgeon was just so blah...

Sooo we ended the night at the Hot Cake house, yes Su and Lina, THE Hot Cake house. I am proud to say when we walked in some really drunk guys were making really inappropriate comments about how hot we were - another first for me :) Then the guy (one of the inappropriate drunk guys) at the register said he was buying our food. After saying no and telling him he didnt have to we caved... and he was really disappointed we were only splitting the two egg platter with hash browns and sausage. I don't know why he was worried because he and his friend had bought enough to feed the whole restaurant - 4 platters of food 2 cokes and 2 coffees for 2 people!

Turns out the guys were married with 3 kids each out celebrating their big win in a golf tournament. When I asked them how they were going to explain to their wives that the tournament ended before dark and they were drunk at the hotcake house at 12:30 in the morning buying strange women food they had no answer... but it made them think! It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

So ended my great birthmonth trip to Linda's - because I slept in till 11:30 the next morning and then had to run around getting ready to leave to be in Seattle for a family shin dig. Thanks Linda for taking such great care of me :) (and Mich I highly suggest inviting yourself to stay with her - But keep in mind if you don't invite yourself to my house also you will be in BIG trouble)
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this b-day adventure esp the ending at THE Hot Cake House w/drunk married men buying your food! "-)

I'm already planning my trip to see BOTH of you next summer! I'm giving you plenty of warning!! "-)

Leiha said...

Let me know when Mich will be there so I can avoid it, LOL.

Sounds like great time with Linda but there was no doubt! It would have been awesome just sitting around in pjs. Thanks for the pics even though they were quite small, LOL.

Bo said...

Too funny about the drunken Hotcake House guys! I LOVE sailboats,someday I will go sailing,prolly in San Diego.

I don't know that I've ever seen a creepy stuffed chicken,but baby chicks sure are cute.I look at the adults and think of chicken tenders and KFC,LOL!

LMAO@Leiha,for some reason it amuses the hell out of me when Leiha & Mich flame each other,EG!

NancyB said...

Yeah - the pics are super small. I saved them to my hard drive from snapfish and that is what size they come. Any help figuring out how to size them larger would be appreciated :)

Those drunk guys had won 3600.00 in their golf tournament. I didnt belive them until the guy who bought our dinner pulled out his money clip to give me a dollar for the jutebox. It was stuffed with hundreds and twentys... but you all would be proud - I pretended not to be impressed and just gave him a hard time for not having a dollar!

sparkle said...

Nancine, Glad you had a great time! Chris & Susan loved the card & pics! And said you need to come back soon!

We had spicy serrano chile martinis at Bay 13 and then Veuve Cliquot Champagne at Morton's! Besides your special Blueberry shot from Darryl!

Mich - Can't wait to have you come to the NW!

Chez said...

Sounds like a great trip. You should always let drunk married men buy you dinner and then lecture them about their wives LMAO.