BAM is no longer the # 1 daughter...

Remember when I mentioned meeting Brenda's parents on the 4th of July? They had invited Dao and I up to where they live which is Dahlonega, which according to Newsweek magazine is one of the top places to live in the country. We finally got our schedules set to where we could go today since it's over an hour away. B told us how excited her parents, Don and Mary, were to have us up for lunch and we were excited to see them.

The drive was shorter then expected which was nice, of course that meant we were getting there early so I called to warn them in case they were running around naked, LOL. They actually had company so we met a couple of friends of theirs, Ann and Anne. Ann and Mary showed us apicture of them from when they were little children. I was jealous of the history that they have together. Anne has actually written 5 or so books on the history of Dahlonega. Her name is Anne Dismukes Amerson if you want to look her up. She was kind enough to sign one of her books for Dao and I. Of course I have to read it because I opened my big mouth (shocker!) and told her she should quiz us next time, LOL.

They took us to The Smith House for lunch which has been around since 1922. There we met the mayor Gary McCullough who joined us for lunch. When Mary and Don say they know everyone there they mean it. Last year a gold mine was discovered beneath the Smith House so they showed us that. Here's a pic of all of us. It's the only picture we took (sorry Brenda) and really, it's not a great pic of everyone but when I looked at it all I looked at was how I looked, LMAO. Next time I'll try to look at everyone else in the pic too.So they serve food family style here which you know I'm all about. They just brought out platters of food, fried chicken, ham, yams, fried okra, cole slaw, gravy, butter beans, rice, creamed corn, collard greens and grean beans! Needless to say I couldn't eat all of it but you know I tried. Did I mention the fact that dessert was strawberry shortcake? Although mr mayor got me excited telling me that it would be topped with ice cream but it was actually whipped cream. Needless to say, he got a talkin to, LOL.

Lunch was wonderful. We were eating up a storm (yay) but we had so much fun sitting there talking, laughing and having a great time with each other. I was a little disappointed the mayor didn't walk around wearing a top hat that said mayor I told him I would if I was mayor, of course, I don't see that happening in my future, LOL. Mary showed us the guest room where Dao and I can stay and the mayor has 3 guest rooms for us, Mary has a flatscreen in hers, the mayor had 52 inches, hmmm decisions decisions. I told them we'll have to compare menus to see where we're going for Thanksgiving. It's nice to be wanted *G*. I think they just want to get ahold of my karaoke, I was bragging, LOL.

After lunch we did a quick tour of the city. The Gooches know everyone and we were treated wonderfully by every single person we met. I bought some candy from the general store. We stopped at the chamber of commerce to see Ann again and she took us over to her meet her husband who is a painter, lots of nekkid women, I told them I'd be more interested in nekkid men or even better a nekkid picture of myself! I need to work on that for the future!

We had a wonderful day with Mom and Dad BAM. I let Brenda know that she has been replaced in the will, I think she handled the news pretty well considering, LOL. We will definitely be making a return trip and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is an Army ranger school nearby *EG*.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

What fun! But of course, getting to know BAM from your blog, I would only assume she has great parents!

Congrats BTW on your one year anniversary. Gawd, that went fast.

Bo said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I still remember reading that post,and being jealous and so happy for you all at the same time.

You seem happy in Hotlanta(well,most of the time,LOL) and I hope this next year is even better for you!

Tell him you want a nekkid portrait of you w/ a top hat on,you can use it as a campaign tool in your quest for Mayor,LOL.

Brenda said...

Leiha...we have to talk about the nekkid portrait. (Can you say "PERVERT" with capital letters? (More info later.)

As for the Ranger Camp...I have so many wonderful memories of the men that served there (let's not relay this to my dad). I love their shorty-shorts.
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
My most favorite dream is me jogging behind a battalion of Rangers in their shorty-shorts, gazing upon all those beautiful asses (please note that in reality, I do NOT jog under any circumstances...what-so-ever).
Those asses need to be pampered and loved....I'm just the woman to do it.

Oh...sorry...what were we talking about?????
Hehehe
Uh, yeah. I'm totally written out of the will....
Hugs, Kisses "Sis".
You'll be bringing the Cucumber Salad come Thanksgiving.
Mwah!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous place. When I read about the US, that is what I picture it to look like! Dahlonega is just beautiful! And, you have usurped Brenda, LOL! Must say, I am also a HUGE shorty short fan Brenda, and amd more than willing to assist in the whole pampering thing. Noice!

Leiha said...

I know! It went so fast I missed the date, LOL.

LMAO, too many skeletons in my closet for me to run for office, or rather, too many strip clubs that I don't keep in the closet, EG!

Hmmmm a perv who paints nekkid pics, big surprise, LOL. Definitely dish, I love it!

Your parents will love my contribution to dinner! BYW, did I mention you and your family are a big part of what made my transition so smooth. Thank you so much for that!

LOL, I don't know if I want to see men in shorty shorts but I guess if they're rangers they have the bod for it so bring it on!

Brenda said...

Yes, the rangers have lovely manly-man buns that fill out those shorts in wonderful ways. Front & Back. LOL

I'm glad we could do our part to help you transition smoothly. We're planning on keeping you here, so we want to make you happy.

Mom specifically mentioned your karaoke. You'll have to bring it next time & let the parents play with it as well as show your stuff.

Leiha said...

LMAO they mentioned their lack of singing talents and I said I believe it, I have heard your daughters sing!