Give me a break!

Can you believe there is a law on the books in Atlanta to ban baggy pants? I guess politicians are tired of seeing people's underwear. I'm tired of seeing belt buckles below the knees but do we really need tax dollars spent on this issue? Do we need politicians wasting their time on this issue? They plan on doing studies on this before they vote! Come on, this is freaking ridiculous!

OK the good news, I went to the store having no idea what to get for dinner. I saw they had a pasta salad made with spinach and peas, I love both so I got some planning to make it a side dish but then thought, let me throw some meat in there and voila, it would be a meal. I had the deli counter slice one medium thick slide of ham and then added some marinated mushrooms and cauliflower that were at the olive bar and I was a very happy camper! Easy peasy! Yes, I could have made it myself but ths qas a quick easy version of it, woo hoo!

Tomorrow I'm driving again so time to work on my tan, EG!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

Don't you wish all the money that was spent on stupid crap like the 'low pants' study would legally just appear in your bank account? We would be gazillionaires.
Your pasta salad sounds delish. I spend more money eating out after I read your blogs. LOL! I'm also a big fan of one-dish meals. Less cooking, less mess.

sparkle said...

While I agree that the baggy pants have got to go. There are too many more important issues! I would suggest people just refuse to purchase them. You can be sure if they do not sell, the makers will quickly move on!

Nice idea on the salad!

OK, on a totally random side note as I am watching TV! I LOVE the new ad for the new season of Martha Stewart! It features the Def Leppard song "Pour some sugar on me" and is a composite of different desserts! I love it!!!!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

What a joke, it's things like that that make me really happy I don't live back east LOL We have some strange laws out west but nothing so assinine as that! The problem is that kids really like the "I'm carrying a load in my pants" look. I guess their parents didn't mention to them that the opposite sex like the look of a nice tight behind better. *snort*

That salad sounds delicious, I do love a good salad! My fave for right now is a BLT caesar with sun-dried tomatoes, yum!

Better hurry on that tan chica, summer is almost gone, dang it anyhow!

Chez said...

Hahaha they are banning poo catcher pants!! Classic.

So are your gonna flash some more truckies?:?

Melissa said...

The saggy pants issue ticks me off ALOT, for the simple reason it's ANOTHER lost freedom.

They are hollering it's a racist issue, but to me, it's an American issue. We continue allowing our rights and freedoms to be take until we don't have any more, period.

I don't like the baggy pants look. I'm always going around telling the kids around here "Pull them britches up, I don't wanna see your stinky drawers" So far they have all been too polite to say Screw off you old bat. lol

The cops like the baggy pants, because when people wearing them run from them, their pants fall down, and then they fall down.

OT: Have you looked at YouTube for Dark Hunters? I did, just randomly, this morning, and holy cow!
I posted the best one at my blog.
It blew me away. I'm not going to be myself for awhile now.

L said...

Mr. Libby and I had the exact conversation about that over dinner last night. Why the hell are politicians wasting valuble time and money on PANTS when there are real issues out there?

I'm totally about the one dish meals too. yumMAY!

Have fun getting your tan!

XOXOXOXO

Leiha said...

I agree Brenda! It's just such a waste.

Nothing wrong with easy meals. Love em!

The thing is Linda, the consumers are just buying pants that are too big for them so it's not the people making them. I agree it's a horrible look.

I've seen that add. Martha still drives me crazy but there's nothing else on at that time so I watch, LOL.

I definitely think it's up to parents to police, not the city.

The BLT salad sounds great! I just found a tanning spot close to me. I may have to stop in and check it out and of course, blog about it, LOL.

Chez, I ended up wearing a low cut dress to work on my tan and for some reason that didn't have the same reaction. Guess it's all about showing the belly, LMAO!

Missi, I was talking to my friend and she said it's a violation of the first ammendment and I agree. It's another right that they are trying to take away.

I rarely go to youtube unless there's a link for something. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey stranger! I've missed seein you online. I hope that you have been having fun playing this summer!