Catching up...

on my reality tv. Last night I spent the evening watching VH1. Here's what I watched and what my opinion is:

The Hogan Family- Nowhere near as goof as The Gene Simmons Family Jewels or as entertaining as The Osbournes. In this ep the mom and daughter are trying to give the Hulk a makeover. First off, the daughter dressed like a tramp (nothing wrong with that, I dress like a tramp, LOL) and the mom has awful taste so who are they to guide the Hulk, who admittedly has horrific taste in clothes and hair but you can tell this was done for tv more then anything. If they want to change the way he dresses why not get him a nice pair of jeans and a decent shirt? They had him trying on pastel blue slacks, yellow pants a man purse! Then they said they were taking him to a salon and it was a hair plugs guy! They didn't understand why he would be pissed. He told them how would you like it if I said I was taking you to a spa and then we went to a plastic surgeon and said you need a new ass. Point taken. Awful show.

Scott Baio is 45 and Single- OK, I used to have a crush on Cha Chi but that crush is forever gone. He is no longer cute and has gone into creepy mode. He is engaged to a woman and to try to make it successful he's seeing a life coach and documenting everything. He's cheated on almost everyone he's ever dated and the coach is making him look back on those relationships but I don't hold out hope for his engagement considering he JUST MET HER 17 year old daughter. Scott was talking to a girl he once dated and she was going off on him about how they were dating and she had a guest spot on his show and he brought Pamela Anderson to the set and his response was, this is not about you, it's about me. He's gross and the show is gross. I added this pic so you all could see him. He totally has a sleeziness to him.Rock of Love with Brett Michaels- Of the three this one was the most compelling but in a train wreck sort of way. Brett Michaels is looking for love and to do that he's living with a house full of women who compete in challenges for private dates with him. But don't worry, if you don't go on a date with him when he comes back to the house they party and he hooks up with 2 or 3. One of the girls was like if he was eating your p*ssy then I don't want him kissing me when she was asking what went down, LOL. Of course she had a talk with Brett and he says they have something together so she's more smitten the ever and they make out! So much drama and tears, it's awful but I would watch it just to see what is going to happen in the future but oh well, no cable and really, I don't care that much, LOL.

I have to say I am watching this season's Big Brother. I am enjoying it mainly because there is nothing on at that time, LOL. I think Evil Dick needs to get the boot with his skanky daughter right behind him. I actually find myself rooting for jen just because she puts up with his tirades.

Luckily I have books. I am currently reading and thoroughly enjoying Angela Knight's Master of Dragons. Thanks for the recommend Bo.

What reality shows are you currently watching? Anything good that I'm missing because I don't have cable? I keep meaning to watch the Singing Bee but can't ever catch it on tv.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

The pic on Scott Baio's website is jest nasty... ewwww! Not nice.
Evil Dick??!!?

I have been watching the fashion designer one, we are a bit behind you guys and for some awful reason I find myself enthralled with The Girls Next Door. Do NOT ask me why, I have no idea!! AND big boobs is not my idea of nice??!! Just cannot seem to change the channel when they're on...

I also LUUURVE watching this show called Border Patrol. I am turning into such a Nana, and Steve just sniggers when he catches me watching it. It is an Australian program about Border security at the airport and a customs kind of thing. Everytime there is a suspected drug dealer they put there gear through a swab test. The noise on the machine, that shows drugs positive, is just the coolest noise, like a siren. I find myself on the edge of my seat, shaking my fist at those bad and nasty drug dealers and throughly over excited LOL!!! Such a nana!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cracking up at Sarah! I can see you shaking your fist and cheering that the bad guys got busted!

I have to admit to being a reality TV junkie & it drives Kevin bonkers b/c they all come on when he comes to bed so he either gets sucked into the show himself (Project Runway, Top Chef, Work-Out) or has to wait until 11:00 for me to turn off the TV.

BRAVO is where I get my fix--PR, TC,Kathy Griffin & even Paula Abdul's show. Now I've started Welcome to The Parker (hotel) & Flipping Out. I love BRAVO!

This summer I've been watching Hell's Kitchen and Age of Love--both pretty lame but they got me hooked b/c I come back and flip back & forth to get my fix! Thankfully AoL ended last night and HK will next week so it will be back to just my BRAVO fix!

Brenda said...

I can't comment on any shows since we don't have satellite (woohoo!)
Some of those sound good though. I'd like to see Gene Simmons' Family Jewels at least once.
As for Scott Baio, I personally know a girl that dated him once and said he was the most eogtistical, narcissistic man she'd ever met in her life. He thought she would be verrrry grateful that a celeb had asked her out. She wasnt'. LOL!

Brenda said...

Ew. Just went to Scott Baio's site and saw his current photo.
Ew.

Bo said...

I watched Gene Simmons quite a bit last weekend,they're pretty funny.I like the Osbournes better,though.I've seen the first two eps of Rock of Love & thought it was a total skankfest,but had to watch just b/c I had a bit of a crush on Bret when I was 15 or so.

Hubby & I watch Dog the bounty Hunter a LOT.They are funny & I love how they joke around & rag on each other but still seem very close.Hubs just likes it for Beth's enormous boobs,I think-he gets a gleam in his eye when she's on screen,LOL!

If I'm flipping channels & see America's got talent,I'll watch it,some of the acts are entertaining but mostly I like to see Sharon & Piers have at each other,with Hasselhoff looking on.*G*

I've also watched Top Chef & the next Food Network Star a few times,mostly when I'm hungry,LOL.

And if Wanted:Ted or Alive is on,even reruns,we try to catch it.

Glad you're enjoying the AK book,chick!

Melissa said...

Rescue Me, but it's not great this season.

I enjoy the Gene Simmons show when I catch it on ocassionally.

Haven't seen any of the others.

Anonymous said...

Now don't all fall out of your chairs at once, but I have actually found a TV show I've sort of been watching (remember, other than sports, and the RARE movie, I don't usually watch any TV)... it 's called MY BOYS. Love the characters... VERY real to me!

Lina

Leiha said...

Sarah, if it's on I will watch the Girls Next Door although I think Hef is gross, LOL. The only girl I like is Kendra because she is the only one who seems genuine and she's just there to have a good time.
LOL Sarah, I love how into your shows you get. I can so relate!

I do wish I had Bravo, you know I would be watching all of those shows! I read an interview where Kathy Griffin says she's not going to do another season which would suck! I heard Paula Abdul is a train wreck.

I am watching HK but it's been obvious from the beginning who the winner would be. I can't believe spent her time last night crying. It sort of made her look like a poor sport and I was rooting for her for so long.

If SB was using this show as a comeback vehicle then he chose wrongly. He just looks like an ass.

Bret used to be cute but not so much anymore. What is wanted: Ted or Alive? I finished the AK, I do have one issue though. How can she be so strong with her magic if she couldn't practice it?

Hey Missi! You don't watch much tv though do you?

LMAO, that is too funny Lina! When you told me you watched a show last night I thought it was My Boys! I felt like it would be a show you would like. I think their friendship looks and feels real too and I really like this series. The only thing that sucks is they have such short seasons. Only 9 new eps. See you tomorrow!

Rachael Narins said...

You should all check out I Hate My 30's on VH1.

:-)

Its funny, and one of my best friends is the producer and her BF is the writer/star/director...and if it is a hit and they make money they will have a big fab wedding and I'll be invited and I want to go to a big fab wedding, so watch it. LOL.

Gennita said...

I love So You Think You Can Dance, of which I'm missing the results show JUST FOR YOU when you come visit, girl ;-). I'm also very into Hell's Kitchen.

Leiha said...

I don't have VH1 normally or else I would check it out. You can guest blog about it if you want, LOL.

Jenna, that is love! I will have you know the eviction ep of BB will be on while we're at dinner. Will Lina mind if we rush home, LOL.