Nancine "Heels" in a Sailboat

Now I realize that you have been reading about Leiha & Lina's adventures, but here is an update from the West Coast. This visit may not have been as long, but still filled with lots of fun!

For her Birthday Month festivities (I wonder who she got the idea from that you celebrate that long from), Nancine came down to play for a couple of days! We were very sorry that Aimee could not join us, but had Some of my friends and Nancy's cousin joining in on some of the activities.

Yes, there were some pictures taken and will be added later today with comments by Nancy!
And instead of Corsets & Kilts we were all about the sparkly tops and high heeled sandals!

Friday morning (after letting Nancy sleep in until Leiha woke her up via Text Message, I know it was 10:45 am, but she did not get here until 1:00 am!) We had a light breakfast before heading out. One of the advantages we had over the other girls in that it's had to get your order wrong when you make it! LOL

My neighbors behind me have a 34 foot C & C Sailboat and for the last couple of years have invited me numerous times to sail on the Columbia with them. It is a lot of fun! They knew I was having company and asked me if we wanted to go out that night. I told them that I would check with Nancy..Always good to make sure that your guests are not afraid of the water, small spaces etc before you go out on the water! She was all for it and so we made plans to meet at the Portland Yacht Club.

Before that though, there was lunch to be eaten, girly things to be done and most importantly to purchase a new memory card for my Camera! Our original goal was to out picture Leiha & Lina, but when you get busy, it's hard to remember to snap! Though you will see that we did do much better!!

We went Italian for lunch to a place called Nostrana, that won restaurant of the year a couple of years ago. They have great food and interesting drinks! Nancy had a one with Cynar (an artichoke liquor), vodka, fresh lemon and soda. I had the "Bocce" which had Rosemary infused vodka, fresh lime and soda. They were very tasty! We decided to share an Antipasto Plate that had 4 kinds of salami, marinated mushrooms, pickled cherries and a red currant mustard sauce, A Zucchini Soup with Olive Tapenade, and a Margarita Pizza (The really thin crispy crust kind) with Arugula & Prosciutto! The food was amazing, but our server was a little spacey! It took awhile for our order to start, but when it did, it was fine! Then off to errands and then to the Yacht Club.

We met up with Chris and had Vodka Tonics on the Yacht Club Veranda while waiting for his wife Susan! Then it was off Sailing for a few hours. It was a beautiful afternoon/evening! Great wind! Lots of activity on the River! You will see the pics soon! We sailed up river, very steady, fun conversation (Nancy says she's shy, but have not seen any sign of it yet!) a little Mike's Hard Lemonade. Then on the way back we had the great wind to Tack back & forth and "heel"! For you non-sailors, this is when the boat is tipped on it's side to gain maximum speed from the sails! (You will see a couple of pics, though not when we were at the Max. heeling, because then we needed all of our effort in balancing up on the high side!

Afterwards we went to a great place floating right on the water, the Island Cafe for dinner/drinks. It is a Jimmy Buffet style place only open during sailing season and until sunset each night. We had Rum Punches & Confusions more fun with Chris & Susan! Nancy got up close & personal with the Ducks & geese as well! Even though we were tired from sailing, since it still was relatively early, only about 10 when we got back to my house, we walked up to my friend's store that has an Open-mike every Friday until Midnight along with Beer & Wine!

We listened to Brian & Edie who cover a wide range of music from Elvis, Gordon lightfoot, the Eagles, Allison Kraus etc. while have a lovely rose wine. Which matched my Pink Skort and Nancine's top! She then got to meet most of the neighbors and the players in our own soap opera in the 'hood! Then off to bed. Stay tuned for "Nancine Hits the Nightlife in 4" Red Patent Peep Toe Pumps!"
Share on Google Plus

About sparkle

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

I can't wait to see these pictures, especially you in the pink skort.
Nancy shy? She could've fooled me.
Conversation always flows easily with Nance. Happy Birthday-Month Nancy!
I like the birthday-month theme and highly approve.
The food you mentioned has too many big cooking-chef-kitchen-type words for me, but it sounds wonderful. I hope you took pics!

Leiha said...

Ohhh I can't wait to see the pictures from your adventures this weekend. I talked to Nancy briefly and I still didn't cover a fraction of what you two did. I'm so glad that you two were able to get together to celebrate her birthday month! Bring on the next installment!

Anonymous said...

How fun & I'm soooo jealous! I want to got to Linda's and celebrate my b-day/month! I think I will next summer--nothing like inviting myself! "-)

Sounds like y'all had a lovely day one of the celebration! Nancy is old sailor from her visit to DC--there are pics of her steering the boat!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Sounds like you gals had a blast! What fun!! You are such a wonderful hostess, Linda!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!