If at first you don't succeed...

Kill kill again! That's right I bought some more plants, LOL. I even bought a new pot for my hanging plant but unfortunately the chains were not very long so my hanging plant is closer to the ceiling then anything. One of these days I'll need to buy a chain to lengthen it, that'll happen sometime in the next year LOL. I didn't realize quite how big the plant holder was and I could have put a couple of more plants in there but oh well, now the ones in there have room to breathe or die *G*.

Yesterday D and I went to a local market called Harry's. It's a huge store that has been bought out by Whole Foods. I called it Whole Foods on steroids. Luckily we had eaten first so I didn't go buck wild. I would have to say the store is as big as Super H mart. Of course I thought of BAM, LOL. I bought mostly fruit even though my cupboards are totally bare. I can never think of what to buy. But as we were pushing our cart around it was like there was a light shining from above, they have a lot of prepared foods section and one of those sections would be the SMOKED MEATS section! OMG, I couldn't believe it. Even though I was full I had to get some. Especially when he just brought out the pulled pork so it was so fresh. While I was debating someone else was stocking up on the pulled pork and told me it tasted better then it smelled and you know how good smoked meat smells (well maybe not my vegetarian readers, LOL)! I also added some smoked beef brisket because it looked so juicy (they also had chicken and ribs). I haven't had a chance to eat any of my smoked meats but I am looking forward to it today. I think I'm going to use some for a salad and I may just have to buy some bbq sauce and make a pulled pork sammich! Yee haaa! I love the south!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I think I tried pulled pork when we were at Nancy's for the SK signing, I guess I don't love BBQ sauce enough LOL

My DH is in BC hunting, so I have actually had to venture to the grocery store! I was almost lost! LOL
Ewww, I'm having to cook the occasional meal too... *snort* I'm so lucky to have a hubby who is so ok with domesticity.

Chic, you know I want to know what kind of plants you got!

Bo said...

I'm sure the new plants will last longer than they would here,LOL! My Mom has a hanging plant,pathos(??) that she has maintained for over 6 years,I try not to even look at it when I go over there,lest I curse it or something.*G*

You are making me hungry with all the talk of smoked meats!!! I prolly would've gotten a pound of everything,LOL! Hubby smoked some duck breast last year during the duck hunt,and even though it smelled delicious,I didn't try any.I kept thinking of how cute those poor little ducks were,LOL.

sparkle said...

I think the smoked meats sound fabulous! I love grocery stores like that! Though I did think about you yesterday when I made a peach cobbler!

Brenda said...

Mmmmm. Pulled pork sounds delish, especially with BBQ sauce.
I haven't been to Harry's in years. I prefer the Super H.

Leiha said...

I love BBQ sauce! I ended up buying some (with Linda's help) and it was delish on my pork!

Good luck with the cookingAimee. I bought a sammich for dinner tonight LOL.

I don't know what I got, they were houseplants LOL.

Bo, I LOVE duck! You should definitely try it next time. Duck is so moisty and juicy! I have a plant I have had since it was a sprout when I got out of the army so 1993! It's just a garden variety houseplant but that's really the only thing I can keep alive. yes, it's made all my moves with me. Too bad I don't know which one it is since I've re-potted.

Yummm, peach cobbler! I bet it was delish! the BBQ sauce recommend was a winner thanks!

The prices are definitely better at Super H brenda!