Fun in the sun...

You know what is ironic? D and I went to her complex pool party and I was the one trying to teach a couple of young boys to not be afraid of the water, LOL. It was a hot day and the only way I can really work on my tan is to be in the pool and this one wasn't very deep, the deepest part of it was 5 feet, I could bounce on my toes and be ok (not that I went to the deep end, LOL). These 2 little boys were soooo afraid of the water though. It took awhile to get them in the water and I'm talking the 3 foot part of it. They made a lot of progress though. There was a little girl there who could swim and I don't think it helps when she tells them how easy it is and they sould just do it. Since I'm not that great of a swimmer I was all about letting them go at their own pace. We also met someone there who used to teach swimming so their mom will probably be giving her a call which is nice.

It's funny how the oldest is always the more cautious and the younger one is always more daring.

So yesterday I get a call from S, the boiler is not working in our building. Figures it happens on a Saturday! So far it has not been fixed. I told her tomorrow is my limit. I am a wash my hair everyday kind of girl and I don't even like lukewarm showers let alone an ice cold one. It's ok to hop into the tub to throw some water on me to rinse off but I'm not taking a cold shower. Shannon suggested going to the gym and showering. A brilliant idea! Duh! I guess if I went more I would have thought of that, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Cold showers are definitely not good for washing hair,LOL.I remember when our water heater went out,it took hubs a couple days to get a new one & install it.I thought of biscuits and other hot foods the whole time I was taking my cold showers,trying to trick my brain,LOL.

Don't they know they can't interfere with and/or halt the Leiha beautification process? Hmph! *G*

LOL@ you & the fear of water advice! Oh,well,at least you were helping them.I haven't been swimming at my Mom's in almost a month.I'm too lazy to drive over.*G*

Chez said...

Ack cold showers suck. Good on you for teaching those kiddies to have fun in the water. I'm still struggling to teach my youngest to overcome his fear of the water (don't know why both my kids were naturally scared of the water, but they have taken AGES to get over their fear). The main thing is to teach them to have fun.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

No shower=greasy hair=a very CRANKY me! hmph.

I wish I had you coaching the kids on video LOL!

Melissa said...

Hey there lady.

My youngest was terrified of water as a baby - I figured he'd drowned in his just-past life. I didn't even waste my money on swim lessons.
I kept taking him to pools and the beach, I'd bundle him up in floaties and put him in a swim ring, and made him stay in the shallow end.
Eventually he got used to the water I guess, or didn't like it that me and Ryan were all over the pool. He finally just started swimming. Now he'll jump in 8 or 9 feet deep water, and swims better than me and Ryan both.

Daniel (the oldest) hasn't learned to swim to this day. I did take him to swim lessons a couple of times when he was little and he wasn't afraid of the water. Just letting go of the side.

Showering at the spa is a good idea. Right after your workout, lol.

The weather seems to have finally broke. We'll be chilly now at "only" 80-something-degrees. lol

Leiha said...

They fixed my shower monday night. The first thing I did was shower, the second thing I did was go to the store to get food and because I was so hungry I bought nachos LOL.

I guess I should get on the beautificaton process. My hair needs coloring desperately.

I understand the laziness factor and I'm not pregnant!

Chez, good luck on the swimming. I am still all about the floaties, LOL.

I need to wash my hair everyday. It's very rare that I don't. Nancy aughs because sometimes that shower isn't taken til 11pm but it's taken, LOL.

Missi, I'm enjoying the weather. It was just way too hot. I think floaties are the way to go.