It is all about the pre-party!

I don't know if everyone knows this but my birthday is on the 6th (Monday). I think surviving one more year deserves as much celebration as I can fit into one month... yes I said month lol.

This year my celebration started in July when my parents surprised me with furniture for my deck, a table and chairs. They are what I would have picked out for myself, black iron with a glass top table. I went out right away and bought some plants so there is a planter with two beautiful pink begonias and pretty little white flowers (bacopia?) around it. This afternoon I used my new setup for the first time. I sat on the deck, sipped iced coffee (with a little cream) and chatted with Leiha. It is the way to live!

Last night I had my official party. We made two huge containers of spodie. Ours had white nectarines, peaches, plums, watermelon, cantaloupe, and grapes. I had the produce man help me pick out all the fruit so they were at the peak of ripeness. Then we added Absolute, Absolute Mandarin, Absolute lemon flavored, some trippleseck, and two kind of rums. We marinated that with OJ concentrate overnight and then added fruit punch - It was delicious!! Another friend had rescued some mint her neighbor was going to throw out so we also had a pitcher of Mojito's. I say we but mean Nola and I because oddly enough no one else liked the pitcher of Mojito's the two drunk girls made - more for us!

We had a buffet of appetizers for dinner. Tortilla chips, salsa, cream cheese dip, spinach dip with crackers, two kinds of thin crust pizza, ham sandwich roll-ups, spring rolls, french bread, and a few other things I cant remember. We set up tables outside, drank and played dominoes (the mexican train) by torchlight until the wee hours of the night. It was such a treat to spend a wonderfully relaxed time with friends, it had been far to long since we had been together.

I am sorry there are no pictures, but I was to drunk to drive by the time I realized I had left my camera at home and I don't know how to get pictures off my phone.

The post party will proceed next weekend when I head down to Portland for some girl time... Some side notes - I had 2 exciting things happen this weekend. The first one was when I went to a different Subway than normal. The gal asked for ID because my signature is completely scratched off my debit card. She looked at it, looked at me and said "You have lost a lot of weight since that was taken." WHOOO HOOO!!!

Then this afternoon I made one last pass at the Nordstrom's Woman and Children's sale. I was trying on shirts and all the shirts in the Womans section (size 16 up) were all to big!!!! I get tingly just sharing that with you :)

Have a great week everyone- I am going to spend it celebrating!
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Wooohooo for you. Being told you've lost weight never ever gets old. I totally want to come to your party one year, that drink thing sounds incredibly delicious. Have a terrific birthday rest of the month LOL.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Happy Birthday, Nancine!!!!

Your birthday spread and drinks sound divine. I think it's awesome that you got a birthday month! You deserve it!!

Looks all your working out is paying off, you sexy thang!!!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Nancine!!!!
I want to see your new patio furniture, it sounds like something I would have picked out to! (great minds think alike :P)

I haven't had spodie since I was underage, maaaaaany moons ago LOL It sounds delicious and I totally wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

The sounds right up my alley too!

I am so proud of you for working so hard & losing all that weight, I bet you are looking fabulous because you were looking pretty fine when you & your parents stopped by a couple months ago!

Keep up the good work, I did get your voicemail this morning and I'll give you a call. Miss ya chic!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I meant to say "The DINNER sounds right up my alley too!"

Not enough coffee yet LOL

sparkle said...

Nancine! You wild girl! Don't think I've had that drink since Frat Parties!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Brenda said...

We need to see some current pics of your new hot-bod.
Happy Birthday!

Leiha said...

Happy Birthday chick! Nothing wrong with celebrating for a month, you know that's what I do!

I had someone do that with me and my ID once, you never really pay attn to your ID photo (unless it's fab like mine is) so when I pulled it out and she didn't recognize me it was awesome! I'm glad that you experienced that awesomeness yourself, that and the trip to Nordy's were birthday presents in themself!

I want pics of your deck. We can add it to the post tonight.

Bo said...

Happy Birthday Nanner!The food & drinks sound yummy,I am jealous! And congrats on the weight loss,too!

NancyB said...

OK - picks of the deck and the two boquets of flowers waiting at my desk! What a fun day :) Now if I could somehow get out of work all together...
Thanks for the birthday wishes and the weightloss support - I am hesitant to post pictures because I dont really see a huge diffrence - I am obviously noticing my clothes not fitting so much any more but not really seeing it in the mirror.... I will see if I can get Linda to take a pic or two of me next weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! Sounds like a most excellent birthday gathering.

Melissa said...

Oop, well, I'm a day late and a dollar short, as usual, but

Hope You had a Most Wonderfulus Birthday Nancy!