The joys of being a romance fan...

and I'm not talking about romantic romance, I'm talking about romance books! Reading romance books has shaped my life in so many ways. Mainly it was because of my love of reading romances that I found RBL Romantica and over the course of time created friendships that will last a lifetime. I honestly cannot imagine my life without these gals, my life would be so boring. OK, it's me, it wouldn't be boring but I would miss the joy of friendship and love that my RBL sisters have brought into my life. They really are as close to me as family and sometimes I feel like they are closer.

But that's not the point of this post, you all know I love you and I KNOW you love me (modesty is not one of my strong suits). Another joy that RBL Romantica has brought to my life is authors! Romance authors are one of a kind. To me they are like rock stars, actually better than because I'm more excited to meet an author then a rock star. Romance authors have a very real relationship with their fans, something I have yet to see anywhere else. Through the internet, with message boards and author website a sense of community and friendship is built.

I'm lucky to be part of a board that loves authors and that authors love. Some of the authors I read before RBL, such as Emma Holly and some I never heard of before RBL, like Karen Marie Moning. Both are authors I love and I feel comfortable enough to call my friend. But there are so many other authors whom I love and it's always so amazing to me that they know MY name, they're famous! They're awesome! They rock! Alright, I'm awesome and I rock but I'm not famous, LOL. I just appreciate so much the love that they share with their fans.

My friend went to a booksigning for Sherrilyn Kenyon today and she told me how Sherri spent time with every single person and when she was talking to them she was only talking to them. I thought, how cool is that? I can't wait to experience it first hand myself since I and 9 of some of my closest friends will be going to her signing next week in Seattle. Of course they're all RBLs. Our love of romance is what has drawn us together, what better excuse to get together?

Here is a picture of me and my best friend forever Emma Holly, the same Emma Holly who mentioned me in the acknowledgements of her newest book All U Can Eat. Remember, I not only sign pics of myself, I sign books too, LOL. Now I need to work on Karen Marie, she really does need a spunky asian heroine named Leiha in one of her books (remember, modesty, not my strong suit).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

LMFAO!! Nice entry. One thing I love about these romance authors is the fact that they're really nice! No arrogance at all. I'm always tickled pink when I see RBL in the acknowledgements. Hey, even though I don't post anymore, I'm still a ReBeL at heart.

NancyB said...

I laughed when I read this, just today I was explaining to someone that our authors are like rock stars to us. I forget they are real people and get nervous when we meet. Thankfully they are real people and really nice on top of that so I forget to be nervous really quick.
Hey Leiha, I have books dedicated to me also.... You know all those "thanks to my readers" dedications? Yep that's me, a reader. So you let me know when you want me to sign any books for you; I wont charge much!

Anonymous said...

You are such a bragger! I saw how you had to let us all know that Emma your BBF or BFB or FBB--I think it is FBFF--anyway how you had to let the whole world know that you Miss Modesty NOT were mention in the blasted front cover of her newest book blah, blah, blah, blah. Good Golly Miss Molly how many times are we gonna have to listen to your "casual mention" of it??? Geeze Louise! I really find it in bad manners b/c have I been written in the front of an author's book--well NO! Duh? Why do you think my eyes turned green and I have such a stinky attitude about the whole thing? It could be that my LIME beverage made me brave or I just felt like givng you #$!@ on your log plus shock the fire out of you that I actually posted to it again! "-) Gotta keep you on your toes girlfriend! Anyway back to the whole acknowledgement thing--you know the more I think about it--I could be in one and even have the book in my TBR mountain!! Yep I bet that is the fact, Jack! Well I feel better now knowing that I have a FBBF author--I wonder who it is? Wait--I wonder if it is my personal FAV that I alway rant & rave about--esp that time you came to DC to visit?? I bet she has written a FAB dedication to me since I'm a HUGH fan! "-) Well the Corona is gone--time for another one! Until next time...who loves you baby?!!

Leiha said...

Mich, you are such a FLAMER! Step away from the Lime! I think you're looking a little green with jealousy there, well, it's either jealousy or you're a mean drunk, LOL. Maybe both? I'm sooooo glad that you decided to post again, lucky me! You know I know you love me! How can you not?

Nancy, who knew you were so famous among all of the writers! You rock chick!

Nes, I feel the same way when I see a RBL dedication. It always makes me proud to be a RBL and remember, once a RBL always a RBL!

Nes said...

Shit Mich! LMFAO! Actually, you did what I wanted to do yesterday. I was sick of her hearing about Emma being her favorite best best friend or FBBF or whatever in the whole world... What are we? Chopped liver? So chick, high five on giving her shit. LOL!

Actually when I was still actively corresponding with authors (actually stalking them) they wanted to dedicate some of the books for me too... but MODEST that I am, I said, no.... it's not fair to my RBL sisters.. See! I'm too nice for this world. I'm also so full of shit...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

You guys are hysterical. Nes, I would love to meet you someday. We have a love of tennis to share! And like Leiha said, once a ReBeL, always a ReBeL (even if you don't post).

And I totally agree about how we love our authors. They can totally run our lives! We spend our money on their books, we spend our time reading them and then talking about them. That is why I think it is so cool that they respond to our emails and take time to talk to us individually at signings. They are as appreciative of us as we are of them. It's a mutual love thang we've got going on!

Anonymous said...

Dang Nancy, I thought that was ME all this time, I'm so crushed!

Mich, ROTFLMAO! You sic 'er girl!

Leiha, you ham you! LOL!

(ok, yeah, I'm a little green-eyed myself...)