Another love of mine...

Is the Barbecue! I love me some BBQs! Lots of food, lots of drinks and good friends and family and did I mention the food?

While I love Nancy's house, it is a little small AND she doesn't have a BBQ so I invited myself and 5 of my closest friends to my brother's house, not only does he have a grill but his house is on the lake! Too bad the weather wasn't cooperating, so we didn't lay out on the dock to absorb extra rays but we did absorb a different kind of Ray, my brother's roommate. He is a cutie! As a joke once, he sent me a pic of him on the lake shirtless. He did not know who he was messing with. Not only did I make it my desktop wallpaper, Nancy made it hers. So the first thing Lina says when she sees him is, you're the wallpaper guy aren't you? Insert big blush, LOL. Good thing he doesn't know I sent it to a couple of other people too.

Adam was going to grill for me but I don't have a lot of patience so instead of waiting for him to grill I started it with a lot of help from Su so we ended up cooking. We cooked like we were going to feed an army. To be fair, some of my other sibs were supposed to stop by but they are a little flaky. The boys were going to play volleyball so they didn't want to gorge on food. Since I was not going to volleyball I had no such qualms. We had hamburgers, cheddar brats, chicken (using Linda's special BBQ rub), fruit salad, egg drop soup, chips, dip and grilled veggies. I am sad to say we did not make a very big dent in the food or the booze we brought but we did our best! While the boys went off to play we sat around the backyard around a fire that my brother had built and talked about books, planned future trips and just basically had a lot of fun. Yup, I do love me my BBQs!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :