Beauty is pain

But sometimes it's only a little painful. Today was Nes' birthday so the plan has always been to get our belly buttons pierced to celebrate and mark the occasion. Nes had mentioned she wanted one and I mentioned I wanted one too and we both agreed that if we waited to have the belly that we wanted that we would never get the piercings, LOL. So while beauty is pain I'm not saying that my belly it beautiful but I am feeling a little sore *G*.

Nes has been psyching herself out about this piercing. This chick who has jumped out of a plane was living in terror of a little (or not so little) needle going into her belly. I was really worried she was going to chicken out so we decided she would go first so she wouldn't freak herself out watching me. She was joking about me screaming but I told her, being the big bad toughie that I am, that I have 2 tattoos, a belly piercing doesn't compare, LOL. Nes did her research and found a tattoo parlor in Amsterdam for us to get our piercings, called shockingly enough, The Tattoo Palace, LOL. I have decided that tattoo artists are my people. I always have a good time hanging with them and laughing and joking. The only problem is they have so many tattoos and piercings, LOL. One or two I don't mind but the piercing across the bridge of the nose and the tattooed head is just not attractive to me, which is unfortunate cause one of the guys there was telling us how he liked women with meat on their bones, umm, I qualify, LOL!

Donald was our piercer, he had green hair, a pierced nose and lots of tats, he was also from Vancouver so we were almost neighbors and he was really sweet. He promised that it would not hurt, well he said by the time it registered that it hurt that it would be over. He was extremely gentle with us. I have to say, I was a little disappointed by Nes. I expected screams of terror, a little crying at least and all I got was her singing Build Me Up Buttercup and she didn't even realize she was pierced! Of course I couldn't wuss out (I had no plan too) but I did get a little worried that since she handled it so well I wouldn't but what was I thinking? Of course I came through it like a champ! Considering how much I prefer to keep my belly covered it's funny that I have a tattoo and a piercing to highlight my lowlight!



The happy piercees with their cool piercer, LOL. In case you can't tell Nes and I are sucking our bellies in like crazy! I
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

First off... I was not sucking in my belly! Humph! And second, no blood, no screams of terror, no tears, no panick attacks... Just, Build Me Up Buttercup!

I'm happy I did it. But the most special thing about this is, I did it together with Leiha. I love you chick!

NancyB said...

First french fries with mayo and peanut sauce, then scanning your own groceries, at topless beach and now belly piercing? What is next? Have you hit the hemp bars yet?? Everybody here keeps asking, well the ask that and if they have men advertising in the red light district too!
Good job you two - Now you can sooth your pain with a little more margaritas.
Thaks for keeping us in the loop - I cant wait to hear more.

Leiha said...

Sorry, Nes was not sucking in her belly, I guess it just looks so fabulous I thought she was, LOL.

Nes, I was so glad to do this with you! Another day, another adventure!

I will for sure let you know if there are men in the windows and what their rates are, LOL. I have no interest in the hemp bars, much to a lot of people's disappointment in the states, LOL. No ritas tonight for us, we have an early day tomorrow. We're heading to Spain!

Anonymous said...

Alright,you are having so much fun that I can no longer just read and await tomorrow's adventure!If I wasn't married I would really,really want to meet this guy who likes women w/meat on their bones-I think I'm overqualified or something,LOL.You will have lots of fun picking out jewelry for this,I bet-I always see cute things in Hot Topic,etc.I like the scan your own groceries thing,too-wish they'd do that here.I see you still get yummy food even when LindaT isn't there *G* And Spain,I can't believe you're going to Spain tomorrow! You know I'll be checking after I post this to see how far it is from Amst.*G* Well,now that I've finally posted on your blog(a lot,I know,I had to catch up,LOL) I hope you keep on having a wonderful time with Nes,it really is neat to hear what the two of you are up to over there.Almost like being there! (((HUGS chick)))

Bo

Leiha said...

Yay Bo! I was wondering what it would take to get you out of lurkdom, LOL. I'm so glad that you posted.

Yes, I'm all about the food which is prolly why I post about it so much. Nancy has already planned on buying me jewelry for every birthday and Xmas, LOL. It's funny cause I have to wait 6 months before I change it but when we were out and about I was already eyeballing new pieces, LOL.

Now I need to find a guy in Spain who likes women with a little meat on their bones!

Anonymous said...

So I have Kevin find your blog while getting ready this morn so he can fill me in on your adventures and he reads me your Headline & I say oh she must have sunburn boobies since she has been sunbathing topless. Lo & behold both of us were taken back fo find out you got your belly pierced!! I know you said it didn't hurt much but good golly miss molly that needle looks painful! Kev is afraid you are going to pierce your nose next!

Have a FAB time in Spain and give me the details of where to go and what to see so I can plan a trip there! :-)

We are having a FAB time in London with NOOOOO kids! "-)

Leiha said...

I do in fact have sunburned boobies so not as much topless action going on today, LOL.

Tell Kev not to worry, the next piercing is the eyebrow, not the nose.

So glad that you´re having a great time in England!