It's a shortie tonight...

I was going to post about our further adventures in Seattle but that shall wait until tomorrow. Linda and I went out to happy hour tonight and we finished off a bottle of sparkling wine that we bought at Chateau St Michelle. For long time readers of my blog you know that Linda turned us onto champagne POPs that are individual sized champagne bottles that you drink out of with a straw. Needless to say, you get a buzz going quickly with the bubble and the straw. While we were at the Chateau Linda said we should do POPs again, this time with full size bottles. Us being us, we all agreed so we all bought our own bottles of sparkling wine. Of course, the Chateau was our first stop and luckily we came to our senses and decided maybe we shouldn't each drink a bottlee of sparkling wine so we had mimosas the next day but I was able to snag a bottle to bring home with me.

Of course we can't let it go to waste and since my stuff will soon be in storage Linda and I made a plan to drink it. I think my body had enough time to detoxify, LOL. She took me to a new happy hour place in Lake Oswego called Five Spice which has asian cuisine. She knows how big a fan I am of the happy hour and we ate wonderfully. We had pork lettuce wraps, barbecued pork, salt and pepper calimari. an asian cabbage salad and I had an oyster shooter in sake. It was all fabulous but the lettuce wraps were my fave. After we ate like Queens and had a couple of drinks we went to Linda's place and had the wine and watched a little Brad Pitt and Georger Clooney in Ocean's 12. Good thing she prefers GC, that leaves BP for me. After watching a bit more of Brad in Troy I decided to call it a night. Needless to say, I will definitely have to get a job when I get back from Europe so we can further explore all of the happy hours in Portland. Linda knows where to go (yes, the bartender knew her name) and I happily follow.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :