Whips, leather and tattoos

The whole reason we decided to do a gathering in Seattle was because one of our favorite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon was doing a booksigning. I have read and loved her books for years and I had never met her. She had a signing in Los Angeles and April and I was sooo looking forward to meeting her but of course, I decided to move before she came so this was my second opportunity and you knew I wasn't going to miss it and of course, if I'm going to do something, I like to include as many people as possible. Luckily there are a lot of Northwest RBLs and we also imported a couple. Su came in from TX and Lina from the East Coast so next thing you know there were 10 of us.

Su came up with the idea of us dressing goth for the event. Sherri has a very gothlike style to her. I've never dressed goth but hey, I was up for the challenge, LOL. In this pic you can't tell that I'm wearing fishnets and boots but really my favorite part of the endsemble was the lace gloves. I need to find more reasons to wear them.

Su and I also came up with the brilliant idea that while we were waiting in line she was going to go to the restroom and change into her LT Uhura costume from Star Trek (she really is a nerd at heart). We weren't going to tell anyone else so when she came out it would be a big suprise and the girls of course, would have a good laugh. She was going to ask Sherri is she was married to William Shatner. We had it all planned out but then Su decided to go meet Sherri a week earlier at her TX booksigning so now she couldn't look like the crazy fan, LOL. I wanted her to still do it but she decided to look normal, well, as normal as she can look.

Lina picked up some Dark Hunter tattoos at her previous Sherri booksigning so we put those on in preparation for this one. If we're going to do something, might as well go all out, LOL.

I hope someone else's camera has a pic of us all standing up because the outfits were awesome! You can't see Linda's leather skirt of boots in this pic, trust me, they're hot! As is Aimee's jeans and Lina's vest and Nancy has a new top on. Debbie said she would take off her sweater when it was time to go hunting so she would blend too, she came to the signing from her day job, LOL.


I'll tell you more about the signing tomorrow so I can add more pics, LOL. Otherwise, this would be one super long post!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

My favorite part of dressing goth was the bright red lipstick I borrowed from Leiha! You will notice the picture they look just like the lips from Rocky Horror Picture Show.... Hey, is there a theme here? I dig my new top also - I am already digging up places to wear it. I think we all need to let out our inner goth every now and then :)