Margaritas and karaoke...


Is there a better way to end the night? Of course there is but I haven't had a chance to get the lay of the land, so to speak, LOL. Today was another active day, well as active as I like to be. It started a little late but I didn't get to sleep until late, let me just say the birds were chirping when I went to sleep. I didn't feel too bad though since Nes woke up after me, well, at least for the second time, LOL.

We wanted to get an early start to go to the beach but that didn't happen but we did get to the beach. We went to the neighborhood by the beach (Wijk Aan Zee) and the weather was perfect. It wasn't a totally topless beach but Nes and I went topless which didn't bother me, there were lots of other people topless but it was weird to be topless around teens! It seems like we were surrounded by them but they didn't think anything of it. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold. Sometimes I get bored at the beach but that was so not the case here. I didn't even really read much of my book, we did a lot of talking and laughing and when we weren't talking it was fine to just lay there and be in the moment.


Next up we went to have a late lunch at a neighborhood pub. Now when I think pub food I don't think good food. This was so not the case here. I think I had one of the best sandwiches I have ever had, called the chicky chick, how can I not order a sandwhich with that name? It was chicken on ciabatta with bacon, guacamole, creme fraiche and arrugala. OMG, it was so good, and I've decided I need more creme fraiche in my life.


Afterwards we went grocery shopping again, I promise to share pics from that in my future blogs cause I so know Nancy will get a kick out of it. I totally think of her while I was helping to scan the groceries. Not that Nes needs the help but she knew I would enjoy it.


Once we got back to the house I had to take a nap, my sleep schedule is so whack. Once I got up Nes and I yakked some more until her friend Angeline got here and then it was karaoke time! Of course, to set the mood we had to have margaritas. Apparently margarita mix is not sold here so I brought a couple of bottles with me. Well, now we only have one left and let me just say, tequila does little to help my singing voice! Ear plugs for the other people in the room would definitely help but you know that doesn't stop any of us from singing at the top of out lungs. One bottle of tequila later and I say this was another wonderful day in Holland!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Ok - I understand why you didnt have french fry's today (I would have them for every meal if I was there) after seeing what your "sandwich" looked like. It looks more like a gourmet meal to me. Now I will never get you to eat at our pub, trust me - the food there does not even compare.
While you were basking at the beach we were finishing my parent's move - We are done at that house and now we have to organize my house since the 3 of us will be living here for the summer. Let me say I wish I was there :) Miss you -

Leiha said...

That sammich was sooo good and only like 5 euro and Ne's sammich was just as good with beef. I want to go back to get her sammich next time, LOL.

I'm so glad that the move is finally done! What a relief! If your parents organize your house it will be the first time it's ever been organized, LOL.