Wine, women and song

For our last full day together we decided to hit a couple of wineries. Let me say, we almost didn't make it out of the house. Originally we were going to go to Whidbey Island and try to find a couple of sailors but the weather was crap. What we all really wanted to do is take a nap, but like always, we rallied. We went to two of the most popular ones Chateau St Michelle and Columbia. A bunch of us did the Chateau tour a few years ago so basically we were going for the tastings. Both wineries are gorgeous but Columbia had this beautfiul flower garden that was in full bloom, we were throughly impressed.
Linda had come up with the brilliant idea to go to the Herbfarm, which is supposed to be a spectacular restaurant but apparently they weren't going to be able to fit 5 of us in at the last minute so we talked to someone at Columbia and she recommended the Barking Frog so off we went. They didn't start serving dinner until 5 so we killed time at the bar next door, having, drinks, of course! I'm not much of a wine drinker so I switched over to martinis, very dirty, just like me, LOL. Lina ordered an almond tart there that we all shared, oh my goodness, it was so divine!

Once 5 hit though we rushed over to dinner, we love our booze but we also love our food, LOL. We all did a tasting menu, with Lina having a vegetarian version (I swear, hers was better) and Linda and Su having wine with dinner. Nancy needed to sober up from the tasting, LOL, and I didn't want anymore to drink, I had a pleasant buzz. The food was divine, at least the first 3 courses, but after that we started getting more full and a little more picky but we did have a wonderful time with each other and at dinner.

The song came on the ride home. Linda had syrius satellite radio and so you know we were listening to 80s songs singing at the top of our lungs! We were some happy gals!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Dinner was great, but Lieha was right about getting pickier as we got fuller. I had Kobe beef for the first time and was so excited! It was surrounding onions and tied together with a thin membrane I am guessing was gut - are you grossed out yet? I was really disappointed because it was salty - Once I picked out the onions I was able to eat the beef and it was good and tender. Linda T has promised to take me out to try some unadulterated Kobe beef next time I am in Portland.
And Leiha was telling the truth about the drunk I had goin on - I LOVED everybody - Kinda like the Budweiser commercials "I love you man"

Leiha said...

LOL, Nancy was definitely in a happy place. Now we know why she gets kicked out of wine tastings!

I freely admit that your vegetarian dishes were wonderful, the problem is as much as I love my veggies I could never give up my meat.