Let's bring back highwaters!

OK, as of today, I'm starting a movement. It's time to bring back the flood pants I say. I am a short person (not a little person) but I'm short so all of my pants are long on me. Usually I just cut them unless they're slacks, then I'll hem them. I like to wear my pants a little long, I guess that comes from being short and just used to them being long. A few months ago I cut a pair of jeans and they were just a tad too short, not even an inch and still past my ankles yet they felt too short to me so I took the part I cut off and had them re-sewn back on and then re-cut the jeans, LOL.

In Los Angeles, wearing long pants is not a problem. In the Pacific Northwest it's a whole different ballgame. My pants are consistently dragging the ground (something I didn't really notice before) and that means, the bottoms of my pants are consistently wet, which is gross and unfcomfortable. I have since started paying attention to other people's hems and I must say, they have it down pat. I'm the only one running around with my sweats pulled up in my hands or my jeans rolled up way past my ankles. I've decided if highwaters came back (and c'mon, they're perfect for this area) then I can cut my pants without worrying that they're cut just a tad too short. Who's with me on this movement?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Hey I am all for the highwaters, not only did that damb closet fairy shrink the waistband of all my pants, I swear they are all to short now also. What is up with that crap?? OK I will start the highwater trend tomorrow... wait, I wore those pants last week and noticed halfway through the day... so I guess I am a woman ahead of the style curve.

Leiha said...

LOL, who knew you were such a fashion plate? I bow to you! It must come from watching Project Runway!