Are you ready for some football?

It's Superbowl Sunday and I will be the first to admit that I am not a football fan. I've worked the last 8 Superbowl Sundays and while surrounded by tv's had no real interest in watching the game but this time is different. I am in WA and the Seahwaks are playing! To top that off, my brother is having a Superbowl party! I wouldn't consider myself a fairweather fan but how can you not be excited for the home team? I don't watch college football either but watched the last few minutes of the Rose Bowl and rooted for USC. It's hard not to get caught up in the hype and enthusiasm. If it wasn't the home team I would still be excited about the Superbowl Party, I always love a good party.

The great things about a SB party is there is no pressure. You go dressed all casual, eat lots of food, drink lots of drinks and talk a lot of trash. Can't get much more fun than that! Even for a non-sports fan like me, it would be a blast (when I used to not work Sunday I would always go to a SB party).

My brother had me make up a betting pool chart with a 100 squares so that will make it even more exciting. Of course, I couldn't just to a simple chart, I cut out tons of pics of Seahwaks and bought some glitter marker and went all out. I'm pretty proud of my creation. So I'm hoping that the Seahawks are victorious today AND I win some money but even if neither of these things happen, it'll be a great day spent with family and friends.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

After reading this it occured to me that Superbowl is like Thanksgivinig but better. You get to stuff yourself on everyones favorite food, appetizers! You still lay around all day watching football, it is just less work than the big T day.
The Seahawks lost, and dont believe Leiha, it was not as much fun. However there was one reedeming part of the day, I won the first quarter of the pool and I am 10.00 richer. (ok I broke even)

Leiha said...

I agree, the day would have been better if the Hawks won and I won some money. At least I can console myself with the fact that my betting chart was the best that they had ever seen. That was the most important thing, that and bringing home leftovers, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Leiha, you would have loved to have been in Detroit during the whole Superbowl week. There were so many parties and celebrity sightings! Oh yeah, that's what you used to do in LA. Never mind!

Leiha said...

LOL, you mean, that's what I used to do in LA. I am going to have to try and get people to make movies in Portland now because I have to have stories to tell everyone. I'm glad that you guys had so much fun with the Superbowl. It's fun to get caught up in all of that.