Home sweet home...

Well, we made it safely to OR and are slowly getting settled. I didn't get all of my boxes unpacked like I would have liked but I am close. My brothers are coming later on in the week with the rest of our stuff so I would like to get what we have settled before the bulk of it comes in. Today is about taking care of the basics (like checking in on my blog, LOL). We got Jordan registered, he starts tomorrow at 7:30am (gasp, an hour earlier). He's really really really nervous but handling it like a champ. At least when I changed schools as a kid (military child) I had built in playmates. Jordan is an only child but he had fun last night putting on the boxing gloves I brought him and trying to lay me low. I look forward to kicking his butt in basketball at the park next door. I don't care that he's 9, he's almost as tall as I am, that should count.

I've already sort of met my neighbor. She was really sweet. We waved across the street and yelled a conversation. I like having a neighborhood where we will get to know the families, that will be fun.

What is not fun, sleeping on an air mattress. Getting a bed will be raised in priority, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

LOL, when I left LA I gave away most of my furniture and since I got most of it for free, it wasn't very painful.

Thank goodness I don't have as many books to alphabatize as you did, although you had a wonderful friend help you:)