Insomnia

and I'm not talking the movie! As you all know, I love my sleep. But years of working a set schedule has made it so that I really can't sleep late. Even on my off days I used to wake up around 8:30 or 9. Gone are the days where I easily sleep until 10. Man, I miss those days. I console myself with naps, I do enjoy my naps. Sometimes that's what I think about when I wake up because I'm so upset about being awake, I'll think, "oh well, I'll just nap earlier." At least I get a decent amount of sleep, just not as much as I want to. But every now and again I either can't get to sleep, which usually happens when I have a lot on my mind or I wake up at an ungodly hour, usually when I either have to wake up early so I'm afraid of oversleeping or if I'm driving to Vegas because I'm so excited.

So last night my sis was exhausted so she asked me to get Jordan up for school at 6:30 (an hour earlier than in WA, poor baby) so I agree. No big whoop. I had no worries about oversleeping it's not like I was going to be late for work. Yet at 4:30 am, yes AM I was wide awake. I thought I must be waiting for the alarm to go off. I look at the time, I have to more hours, great, I'll go back to sleep. Nope, was not to be. I didn't go back to bed until Jordan went to school and I had no nap today! Needless to say, Kathy will be getting Jordan up tomorrow and I am going to catch up on my sleep!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Insomnia is the WORST! If I could loan you my gift for sleep I would. I have the oppisite problem, today I needed to be up for work at 6:30 - I got up at 7:20, OOPS.
No naps for me, if I lay down for a "short" nap (unless my drill seargent is around) I can just sleep till the next morning.
What screws up my sleep is staying up past my bedtime posting to my friends blogs... um I mean... gotta go...

Leiha said...

LOL, don't try to blame me chick! You know you had to check out what's happening on the blog because Ann was posting more then you, EG!

BTW, Jordan doesn't believe that picture is you.