Do you want to be my friend?

OK. And thus jordan has friends. He was so excited when we picked him up from school today telling us about his new friends. It's ok that he can't remember one of their names, he's still his friend. If only life was as simple for us older kids. The simplicity of his friendship has much to be desired. It's difficult as adults to make real friendships. My sister asked me how I did it. She is amazed by how many friends I have. Honestly, I am too.

I used to say that I had tons of acquaintances but very few friends but over the years that has changed. I know that the internet has dramatically increased the amount of friends I have (yay, RBL!) but those friendships also grow and deepen over time. They weren't instant friendships (ok, some of them were). While it's not so easy to make friends when you're an adult, the ones I make, I try to keep. I have different relationships with different people and they fulfill me in different ways so while I don't do insta-friends (too much, sometimes I just meet someone I love immediately) I do do perma-friends. Well, unless they're crazy, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Humm... If it was always that easy. Do you want to be my lover? OK Tee hee hee.
Yeah it is so easy to find friends at 9 years old, but it is not until you are much older you realize how special friendship is.
I sure am glad you are my friend!

Leiha said...

You can say that line and see what happens, can't hurt! I think I'm going to get you drunk in Vegas and triple dog dare you, EG!

I am very lucky to have my own Nancy:)