We're not a good munch...

So many things to share, get ready for a novel, I'm playing catch up tonight.

On Friday we woke up raring to go. Of course I lie, LOL. I planted my butt on the couch to do some work and eventually the other girls got moving because they wanted breakfast. Lina was working on some stuff for school so she wasn't home. I wanted leftovers for breakfast, Nancy and Su wanted Sonic for breakfast. Yes, you read that correctly, they went to Sonic and had a coney island dog (chili cheese foot long dog) for Su and a hamburger for Nancy. She was bummed she forgot that she wanted a corn dog so I'm sure she'll have to go back, LOL. They also grabbed tater tots which you know I have a weakness for and came home. I can't make fun of their breakfast choices when I was eating steak and crab, LOL.


When Lina came home she took the girls walking along the beach to check out some stores and let me work in peace, LOL. Then I noticed the time and called them home so we could go eat lunch. You know we plan our schedules around our meals. I wanted to take them to the Brickyard which I heard had the best hamburgers in town. Obviously, not a place to take the wife. I was in sweats because we had planned on trying to make it to the gym that day, ha! What optimists, LOL. The Brickyard is actually pretty small and as you can imagine, like many many places we go into in this town, we stand out. But we're always ones to make ourselves at home. We sat in front of the grill since the bar was pretty occupied and hey, I'd rather watch the food. We decided to split 2 orders so we could try and be healthy. We went with the pulled pork and a burger with everything. I have to say, the burgers were fantastic as was the pork. The guys working the grill warmed up as soon as I asked them why they weren't cooking naked. They had a bunch of signs over the grill and one of them said top 10 reasons to cook naked. I couldn't read the reasons why but thought it was a nice opening line, LOL. Keep in mind the cooks looked bikers themselves. His answer was he cooks upstairs naked. He uses a special wand to stir the sauce. My comment was it must be a shallow pan, his was but a thick one, LOL. Now we're friends with the guys behind the grill and they had lots of fun answering our questions and listening to our conversation. As you can imagine, we have things to say amongst each other that are really not meant for mixed company or actually not appropriate for public places but when has that stopped us? We got there just before happy hour so didn't order drinks but by the time we finished eating we thought we should at least find out what their happy hour specials were. When we found out their $2.75 well drinks went down to $2 well, that was just too good a deal to pass up so even though we had paid and decided to leave we called the waitress over for some drinks. I was driving and still had some stuff to do so I just had water while I watched Nancy an Su try to suck down the doubles they ordered, LOL. Nancy didn't like the drink and tried to pound it, that didn't work but it was funny to watch.
After we left with a promise to come back after all the guys said if they have the time they would do anything requested (I'm bringing some dollar bills) we headed to the grocery store to grab food for dinner. Lina sent us with a shopping list and we wanted in and out of the store as quickly as possible so we went in as a team, the girls thought they would just push the cart (simultaneously) and were not happy to hear me send them all around grabbing avocados, etc, LOL. The last thing on our list was phyllo dough so I sent them off to get it while I waited in line but shockingly, there was no line so there I was waiting for the girls with the cashier and bagger looking at me and I'm avoiding eye contact. Finally I had to call and say hurry up there's a line so Nancy came running. The funny part is there was a page for a Ms Buchanan just before that and she thought I had paged her, instead of calling her, LOL.


When we got home Ana and Lina were there. Lina was working on dinner and Ana and I chatted and helped where we could while the other girls went shopping (and it turns out drinking, lushes!). When the drunk girls came back it was time for dinner which was lasagna a la Lina with sausage and ground beef and gruyere croutons with roasted eggplant caviar. After we feasted on that it was dessert time and Lina made a strawberry napolean that was to die for! It's in the pics below. It was phyllo dough with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce! It was HEAVENLY! So light yet fulfilling.


After dinner we all got ready and headed out to the bars. We hit the Boothill Saloon and had a shot and left. Went to Froggy's and walked in and walked out. We really do stand out in these bars, LOL. Then we went to the NASCAR bar where they had karaoke on Friday's. Yay! Except the song selection was awful! Boo! Of course that didn't stop my from singing the classic, "I touch myself". It was a winner.
We did decide to do one group song but like I said, the selection was sucky so we picked December of 63 by the Four Seasons because we had been talking about it earlier in the night. That was a fun song to sing.


Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about the woman sitting next to me who passed out. It was awful. They were screaming as she collapsed. Luckliy the wife was there because she had training so she helped the cop who was on the scene until the ambulance got there. She was there partying with her grand children. They said she was ok even though she didn't regain consciousness.


After our karaoke we decided we wanted to go dancing at a club called Razzles. It was a few blocks away so we decided to stop into the Mai Thai bar for a drink since it was the halfway mark LOL. Remember the band we loved on New Year's Eve that we couldn't remember the name of? They were playing there! We were totally stoked and ended up staying and partying there.
There name is Disposable Heroes. When we got there a lot of people were just standing around watching the band. We wanted to dance so we spent the evening dancing and rocking out to the band and when they were between sets they came over to chat with us. That's when I made my request for some 80s music. They laughed over my Rick Springfield request but they ok'd the Poison Talk Dirty to Me Request and when the guitarist Mike offered up Duran Duran I got so excited that I said I would show skin for that, LOL.


Mike is the one in the pic with Ana and the other dude is Gary, the bass player. One of our favorite things about Mike is he takes his shirt off for every show. If I had abs I would start the show topless!


Unfortunately for them my hands were full when they played Duran Duran, LOL. I had a drink in one hand and my cam in another. Can't leave home without that! We had so much fun with each other and the band and lucky for us, they were playing there Sat night but that's another day. I had meant to catch up on the entire weekend but that was not to be. Everyone's in bed and I'm ready to hit the hay.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

To bad they didn't have grease in that selection!* wink! You girls were sexy as always!

Rosie said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading all of that. Of course, your experience with the cooks made me laugh out loud because I know some of the conversations that have been had in the past. LOL. Lina's dinner and desert sounded wonderful. I'm still liking that one guitar player in the pic. He's a cutie!

Hugs,
Ro

Leiha said...

Nally, it would have been awesome if they sang Greased Lightning!

He's definitely a cutie Rosie as well as the rest of the band. Dinner rocked as usual, LOL.