Nothing like driving thru tornadoes...

to keep you awake, LOL. OK, I didn't really see any tornadoes but Karen was about a half an hour ahead of me and she say three of them. What I did see was a lot of freaking rain. Lots and lots of rain, LOL. Monday night I flew up to Atlanta and stayed with Dao and then met up with Karen on Tue to help her with her move. They were teasing me because they knew I drive like a grandma but I so would have been right with them but I kept pulling off for sushi and not being able to find it. I have been craving sushi forever and decided to not eat my typical road food (as you know, funions and beef jerky) or fast food and have some healthy raw fish! I followed the billboards. The first place I saw I drove past because it was fast food Japanese but I couldn't find anything else so I went back, parked, tons of cars, good sign, go inside and look at the menu, no sushi! Well crap! I'm hungry, haven't eaten all day and it's after noon. I keep driving because I know I've seen signs for a sushi place on the freeway before. I see the billboard I'm looking for and try to find the place. I can't. I have to get gas anyway (I like to try and combine my stops) and ask them. I have to go back the way I came. To be fair, the billboard never said turn left at the third light. When I get there I find out they are only open for dinner! I'm pissed, I'm starving, I don't want anything else so I get back on the road. I know sushi is no longer in my future but I wanted away from that exit, LOL. I admit I must eat and I do love ice cream so I got a burger and a cone at Dairy Queen. Ate the ice cream first of course. I really tried to be good but it wasn't meant to be.

So let's get back to the weather. It was raining when Dao dropped me off. I was yawning like crazy and when I do road trips the first few hours are the toughest for me. I need awhile to get in the zone. Well the rain kept me nice and awake. I had to keep two hands on the wheel (OK I do that anyway, LOL) and concentrate. The rain was so freaking loud I just listened to music. I did talk to Nancy for a little while but luckily that was during one of the lulls. Now I said I didn't see the tornadoes but I did notice a heck of a lot of debris in the road and remember thinking, wow, that's some heavy rain, LOL. Driving in those conditions was exhausting. I know, here I am saying it kept me awake but it also drained me. I could have powered on stayed at a hotel there but decided to stay in Tampa. I was just done, LOL. I slept so hard I woke up disoriented which rarely ever happens to me. I wake up pretty much alert, except for being tired, LOL.

The on Wed was a breeze. The hard part was driving the speed limit. During the rain didn't have to worry about the cops, LOL. Moving is such a pain but my next one will be it for a long while and you all know that you are all welcome at my door anytime, no matter where I live.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

You're missing the bikers! You're supposed to at least experience the bikers, not run away from them!!!

Sarah said...

No Sushi??!! Not good!

Chez said...

Ack!! That sounds like a super scary type drive. Glad you got there safely. Big ((((hugs)))) to you and Karen for driving through that muck

Leiha said...

Girl how can I miss the bikers? They're everywhere!

I agree! I'm still craving sushi!

Thank Chez! ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))