I know I know...

I've been slacking! No excuse really but I did read two books this weekend, LOL.

So after our busy Saturday we decided to chill on Sunday. Actually it wasn't a conscious thought to chill but we were all moving pretty slowly, not a big surprise since we didn't get to bed until 5am. We lounged around chatting until Nally and Ana had to go home and then we continued to lounge around. Su and Nancy decided to hit the pool but it wasn't warm enough for me and I was freaking tired and decided to nap instead.

We finally got moving in time to go see Juno. We'd all been wanting to see it and we wanted a low key evening. The movie was wonderful. I enjoyed it much more then Atonement. It made us laugh but we also cried too. Very touching and I'm rooting for Juno for the Oscars. My brother saw the movie and loved it also. I highly recommend this movie. And good news party people, this theater not only has stadium seating it has popcorn seasoning (this is the point where angels sing). Unfortunately they didn't have my favorite flavor which is bbq so we used white cheddar and another cheese flavor, lol. Turns out, Nancy was not a fan of the popcorn seasoning. I cannot relate. I'm ready to go back to the movies just for more popcorn. I guess I could walk there get the popcorn and come home but I don't think it would have quite the same appeal then.

After the movie we stopped into the arcade that is next door. I told you, we live by a lot of things. This place is an arcade/waterpark/go-kart track/miniature golf park and they had a bar! So we went to the bar first then we scattered to play the different games. I love the shooting games although I suck at them so I made Lina play too so I could play longer LOL. I spent all my money there whereas Nancy and Su spread the wealth. They even did dance dance revolution. Lina won a bunch of tickets for us so we had to cash them in before we left. I contributed 4 tickets that I got off of the floor, LOL. We had 255 tickets you and know we had to use all of them. We got 4 surfboard key chains and then we proceeded to spend the extra 55 tickets. We got 2 tootsie rolls, 1 dum dum (he even opened a new bag so I could get the flavor I wanted and then I ended up giving it to Nancy after all that, LOL), 1 fireball (not hot so I spit it out) and 1 tiny plastic dolphin. Did we make it work or what?

We were hungry so we headed to the closest pizza place of the millions of pizza places that exist around here and boy did we make a mistake. If there's such a thing as bad pizza this place was it. Good thing I was going to eat leftover lasagna at home, LOL.

On Monday we had lunch at the Dancing Avocado. Su and Nancy walked there while Lina and I drove, I did have to work after all, LOL. Lunch was ok but not as good as the other meals I had had there. We split a black and blue wrap which was a steak wrap with blue cheese and there was no blue in it! They forgot one of the main ingredients! After lunch Lina and I went home while Su and Nancy went to the bar, the big lushes, LOL.

That was the day my brother was supposed to be on Oprah so they stumbled home to watch with us. You know how that turned out, LOL. After that we headed to the Brickhouse to enjoy the last hour of their happy hour. When we asked about it they hushed us because apparently happy hour only pertains to locals, which she knew we were because we had been there one other time, LOL. Of course the reason we knew about the happy hour was we read it on the menu but apparently tourists don't read. It was a little more crowded and we wanted to sit in front of the grill where our guy The Cincinnati Kid was working so luckily one of the guys moved down so we could sit there. It's a good thing we did too because they slipped us some free fries, score! Lina was making dinner for us so we had to eat light which is difficult because their food is awesome. We decided to split some wings and try the shrimp poppers. When we ordered the wings we wanted 2 different kinds, garlic and bbq, the waitress was going to say we couldn't do that but we knew the Kid would hook us up. OMG, the wings were fantastic, especially the garlic ones. Now I'm a little sad I know how great these wings are because I've been craving them. They were so flipping good! The shrimp poppers were pretty awesome too. Shrimp, some jalapeno and cream cheese deep fried. All kinds of yummy goodness there, LOL. Since I was the DD I drank singles while the lushes had doubles. I'm sure our conversation left the locals and the tourists with burning ears *G*. Here's a pic of the Cincinnati Kid, we dubbed ourselves the kidlets. I think I was supposed to email him this pic but I think I threw his em address away, oops! Those rockers are getting to me, I've never posed like that before, lol.

When we got home Lina, our goddess had dinner ready for us, cornish game hen, broccoli/cauliflower casserole and mashed potatoes and home made gravy....swoon. I ate until I could eat no more. I know you would expect nothing less from me, LOL. Since the girls had to get up early there was no more boozing that night (which is why they boozed it up so much during the day, LOL) and we just had a relaxing night in.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

I thought Juno looked like a cute movie,glad to hear it delivered.

No popcorn seasoning for Nanner,what!!!! I still need to try tbe BBQ here,but sour cream & onion is so good I forget the rest,LOL.

I love the arcade,still.Love the cheap thrill of a high score at skeeball or Silent Scope.When we eat in Mesquite we go play in the arcade after.For Brodie,of course! *G*

Black and blue wrap sounds yummy,if it was complete!And those shrimp...mmmmm.

You're not going to start headbanging next,are you ? *G*

Leiha said...

Bo I think you'll enjoy Juno. It's quirky but done really well and you love the people in it.

I swear that seasoning just rocks my world. I dont get her, LOL.

I am a fan of arcades too, the problem is I suck so I spend a lot of money quickly, LOL.

Yeah, I have been wanting to try the b&B wrap for awhile so that's prolly why I was so disappointed.

Girl, I was dancing Fri night and my hair got caught in my lip gloss so I had lip gloss smears on my face, head banging would so not be good, L OL.