The calm after the storm...

As I'm sure you've figured out the girls are long gone. They left last Wed but since their flights didn't leave until the afternoon we had enough time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast a la Lina before we kicked the girls to the curb, LOL.

Ahhhh, blessed silence, oops, I mean, damn, I miss them already, LOL! They know how much I love them. Thursday was a day of laundry and getting back on track at the gym. The plan had been to work out while the girls were here. We even made them bring workout clothes but that didn't happen. Well, Lina snuck in a couple of workouts, I did not, LOL.

On Friday we went to go see Disposable Heroes again. I know, we're turning into groupies, LOL. They were playing at a different bar this time, Frank's Front Row. It was more of a dive club. The cool thing is when the band saw me each member waved and Gary gave me a shout out after the song was over. Awwwww. They rocked as always and Su, they sang Living on a Prayer almost acapella with the audience. I did you proud singing at the top of my lungs. I didn't request Duran Duran or Poison this crowd was more of a rocker crowd and I didn't want to get stoned, LOL. I can't wait to watch them during Bike Week.

Speaking of bike week there is a bike week 2008 myspace page. I had to accept their friend request, hello I will be attending after all, LOL. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of my bike to send in. I wish I had a bicycle, I would take a pic of it to send in, LOL. They do request bike pics after all.

The race was last weekend. The big one. You might have heard of it. It's called the Daytona 500. The race is on Sunday but I guess there was a lot of pre-race activities on Sat because traffic was AWFUL! Then I needed to get gas I was on empty so I pull into this gas station which has cars parked everywhere. I saw signs some places had a parking spot for $60! Crazy! Anyway the gas station is full of parked cars but what I didn't realize was there were cars parked in front of the pumps also! I just thought people were inside paying. I was so ticked! They should at least make it so you could pump gas! I had to drive around and squeeze into a spot to get my gas. If I wasn't on empty I would have driven off. Then it took me forever to get home. I didn't even leave the house on Sunday!

Oh wait, I almost forgot to tell you about our date night Sat night. We didn't plan on it. I was in sweats and Lina in shorts and we went out at night to run errands and grocery shop. We decided we needed to eat before we went grocery shopping so we went to Angel and Phelps since Lina hadn't been there yet. The thing is, they're a bit spiffier at night and Lina didn't want to go in but I saw a kid in board shorts so I decided we were doing it dang it, I was hungry, LOL. They have live music 5 nights a week and these guys were great, sort of bluesy jazz. Turns out our next door neighbors go there every Sat night so they stopped by to tell us high. I couldn't decide which app I wanted so I had the waiter recommend and he said without skipping a beat the artichoke crab dip, sold! I also split a mediterranean salad with Lina and she had roasted potatoes and we both had a martini. The food was fabulous, our waiter was fun and we just had a great time. A totally random night. Of course by the time we were done the grocery store was closed but the dinner was worth a trip to the store on Sunday.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Girl, "Livin' on a Prayer" is soooooo us!! I'm glad you did us proud!!! You know I would have been singing my lungs out if I'd been there!!!

Gennita said...

Very good to see you survive Race Week ;-).

Leiha said...

You know I won't let you down, I sang at the top of my lungs and then some.

But the question Jenna is will I survive Bike Week?

Gennita said...

Well, Bike Week is a different creature altogether ;-). I always have fun if I'm out and about doing the Bike Week events. The thing is, most of us old Mainlanders don't do the beach scene too much any more and the very world-infamous Cabbage Patch salad wrestling is now boring because the chicks are embarrassingly old and shouldn't be wrestling each other in bikinis, if you know what I mean.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

How do I sign up for Cabbage Patch salad wrestling, Jenna?? My leaves aren't too wilted yet, LOL!

Su

Gennita said...

Su, just show up! Bike Week starts this weekend. Go to the Cabbage Patch and they'll let you in, baby!