Not a good munch Pt 2

OK, that title meant something for Sat but I never got around to posting about it because Friday got so long, so this is Pt 2.

Saturday was exciting because there was a restaurant on the other side of the river called Caribbean Jack's that has a low country boil on Saturdays, woot woot! I couldn't wait for the girls to visit so we could go there. I called on Friday to find out the time of the boil and the pricing. She told us 11 is when it started and it lasted all day. Since Lina has no interest in a LCB she stayed home. I know, I cannot relate, LOL. Since we planned on pigging out we decided to walk there chatting all of the way. We get there all in high spirits when I notice the sign says the LCB starts at 2pm! It's a little after noon. Needless to say, I was not happy and that is an understatement! I mean, I called. There are freaking signs saying the time of the boil and she couldn't give me the correct time? The hostess was a total waste and just stood there staring at us. We had no intention of going back at 2, we had walked there!

Luckily there was another restaurant I was curious about and heard good things so off we went. This restaurant is on the same block as the Dancing Avocado called Angell and Phelps and it's connected to a chocolate store. Definitely a good sign. By the time we got there (not the same block as CJ, LOL) we were hot, sweaty and tired but luckily the service was wonderful as was the food. We split salads and entrees so we were able to get a little of everything and most everything was a winner. Once sated we were happy again. OK, we were happy as soon as we sat down but we were really happy once we had food in us. We peaked in the candy store but weren't really tempted we knew Nally was on her way and she makes candy! OK, Nancy and Ana did get a piece but that is all.

Since the karaoke sucked at the bar on Fri night I pulled out the karaoke when we got back to our place. You know nothing says good times like karaoke. Plus, I've lived here for over a month and my neighbors hadn't experienced the karaoke love, it was time, LOL. Unfortunately for me, I had been slightly sick since before the girls got there and my voice had no power to it. I could barely sing which was very sad for me but Su and Ana picked up the slack with Nancy giving it her all also. Since it was the afternoon Lina wasn't drunk enough to sing LOL.

While the wife and the doggen went to the grocery store Su, Ana and I went to the pool. It wasn't very warm but the lure of the hot tub got me. After relaxing in the hot tub Ana and I were reading for naps. Su actually jumped into the pool, crazy woman. Next up was the nap. I didn't really get much of one because as soon as I would fall asleep, something would wake me up. Having an apartment full of women does that, plus my phone kept going off. Su and Nancy headed to their favorite dive bar (luushes) while Lina made dinner and Ana and I kept her company waiting for Nally to arrive and that woman arrived bearing presents! A bottle of rum and a basket of chocolates! Do we love this woman or what?Inside this basket were marshmallow fluff filled chocolates, chocolate dipped rice krispie treats, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pretzels and solid chocolate! I am not a big chocolate eater but you couldn't tell that by how much I ate this weekend, LOL.

Once the girls came home we had dinner. Lina made stuffed bell peppers for dinner but since I'm not a fan of bell peppers she made me stuffed artichokes! Yes, she treats me wonderfully.
Tasted as good as it looks! Like there was any doubt. On top of that she made a greek salad and her world famous butternut squash soup. Yes, we were stuffed afterwards. The funniest part was Nally, who is two weeks from delivering had the smallest appetite. Su says it's because she has no room with the baby in there so being the good friend that I am, I offered to eat for two (and I did).

After dinner it was time for, you guessed it, karaoke! After all, Nally hadn't experienced the karaoke love and boy did she jump in. What a riot. She loves her the Grease songs and boy can she channel John Travolta. We slowly started getting ready to go out while we took turns singing. We enjoyed the band so much we wanted to go back and check them out again. The guys were stoked to see us come back because obviously they realized how awesome we are.

Nally was a rockstar with her rockstar belly dancing around on the dance floor. It's funny because there were a lot more people there on Sat night with a bunch of chicks standing around being all cool but none were cooler then us dancing fools on the floor although I do admit, since there were more people I did go sit with Nally on songs I didn't really like. They had some guys doing crazy white boy dances that had us cracking up. Our mantra that night was I'm F*cking Matt Damon and it was even cooler when Mikey (guitarist) knew the song too, LOL. We kept shouting to each other I'm f*cking Matt Damon! We requested the song but not all of the band members knew it, LOL. They did sing Talk Dirty for Me so that made me happy.
The head bangers, LOL.

At the end of the night we were talking to the band and decided while others were getting individual shots we wanted a group picture. The lead singer wasn't around but we had the rest of the band and Mike posed us for this pic. How fun is this? They kicked us out of the bar but then we were talking to the band outside but then we got kicked out outside by security. I know, how that happens I don't know but apparently we couldn't hang out outside the bar either, LOL. So reluctantly we said goodbye to the band and were on our way home to eat leftovers but then Nancy was pouting because she wanted pancakes dang it! Yes, she knew there was an ihop right down the street so Nally drove us there. People didn't believe me when I told them she was our designated drinker, LOL. I should mention that a bunch of girls in Daytona always gets attention. I can't tell you how many times people wave, honk their horn, hoot and holler etc. Well that's nothing in comparison to the IHOP in the middle of the night. We were the center of attention. I was outside with the purse when Nancy was seated and she jokingly said we had no money. She had to come get me so she could prove we could pay, LOL. We were seated away from everyone but that didn't stop all eyes from being on us.

One drunk guy actually had the nerve to come over and sit his butt down on our booth. Unfortunately for him he sat next to Su. We all had a great time watching her move first her water, then her silverware then her body away from him. He's trying to be all rico suave when in reality he's a drunk slurring his words. He said something and Su asked him if he was speaking english. He didn't enjoy us laughing over that and told us we were not a good munch and took himself away. We're not a good munch, ha, he wishes!

There was also a girl wearing bright orange duct tape as her outfit. Just enough to cover the vitals and that's pretty much it. I wonder if she lost a bet. While IHOP was fun it was time for us to head home. Of course, that didn't mean go to sleep. We stayed up until after 5am talking books and everything else. I am going to be so hurting come Sunday!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

Look at you wild girls partying like crazy ;-). Glad y'all enjoying the beach scene. We Mainlanders are missing out duct-taped women, apparently.

It's Race Weekend so be prepared for 200,000 people in town! I hope to be able to attend the Daytona 500 like last year, but I doubt it.

Bo said...

Okay,good,I was waiting for an explanation of 'munch',I figured you had drank too much & did a typo or something...LOL.

Heh,he sits next to the germophobe,I would have liked to see the look on Su's face,why did you not take a pic??? *G* I love that she asked him if he was speaking English *snort*

I can't believe Nally only has two weeks to go!!! She looks fantastic!

When you say bright orange duct tape on that girl,I cannot help picturing something along the lines of Milla Jovovich in 'Fifth Element'.I would not know what to make of that.Daytona sounds like an interesting place,to say the least.Even more interesting when you girls are in the thick of it,LOL.

zinreads said...

Having been to multiple munches in several cities, I can say with certainty that this group would be a rockin' munch!


As for the orange duct tape -- OUCH! *shuddering at the eventual removal*

Anonymous said...

Su's face was absolutely pricesless!! It was better then a mastercard commercial. But we made sure that we vocalized our munch worthiness for the rest of the night!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had by all! (as usual LOL)

I totally can see Su's face in that situation, totally a kodak moment!

Everyone goes home today? What a nice long visit you girls got to enjoy!

Leiha said...

Sorry you weren't able to make it Sat night Jenna, we watched for you. Traffic was crazy busy this weekend, I can't imagine bike week, eak!

Me, drink too much? As if! Actually I think I had a bit to drink Thur night but other then that I only had a few drinks each night. Someone has to make sure we walk safely, LOL.

OMG, it was great watching Su's face. Nally is a rockstar! She was up dancing and swinging her belly, so cool! That outfit was totally the 5th element.

Thanks Ann, we are a great munch or that's what I've been told, EG!

Nally!!! I wish we could have spent more time with you! Thank you so much for coming up to see us, you rock!

Everyone left on Wed:( I read about your trip sounds like you gals had a blast also. Loved reading about it on the blogs.