Happy Friday!

We went to Ana's Mardis Gras party Tuesday night and had a blast! We pulled in and couldn't find a parking spot they had so many people there. Even more importantly, they had a spread! Unfortunately, we were late. I could blame it on the fact we live an hour away but we were very late when we left, LOL. Luckily Ana is an extremely good friend. They were having a low country boil which you know I love. So she put aside some food for me, woo hoo! Of course it was a little conspicuous because they had two long tables covered in newspaper outside when I first got there but within a few minutes it was all cleaned up. They had told people the food was all gone and the next thing you know they're putting newspaper on the table and dumping food in front of me. I did offer to go eat in the house, LOL. It was awesome! A lot of times there is too much seasoning and you can't taste the crayfish all you taste is seasoning. On this boil I could taste the food that Jack took so much time cooking. To top it off they also had muffulettas and king cake! Both things I've wanted to try but haven't. To me the muffuletta tasted like a pizza sandwhich. It was so yummie. Here's something I found online to tell you what was in the sandwhich:

The sandwich consists of the round loaf of crusty Italian bread, split and filled with layers of sliced Provolone cheese, Genoa salami and Cappicola ham, topped with Olive Salad: a chopped mixture of green, unstuffed olives, pimientos, celery, garlic, cocktail onions, capers, oregano, parsley, olive oil, red-wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

My tummy is growling remembering that. The king cake is something that is traditional to celebrating Mardis Gras. This was the definition of a king cake:

A delicious danish dough, braided with cinnamon and sugar, baked to perfection and topped with fondant icing adorned with Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold sugar.

Also, there's usually a little plastic baby inside and whoever gets that is responsible for providing the king cake next year. I'm not a big cake eater but this cake tasted like a cinnamon roll! I kept going back for more! Don't worry, I was getting small pieces but oh so delish.

I didn't have enough tummy room to eat the jambalaya but I did have some of Ana's crab salad which she made with blue cheese! Two of my favorite things!

Not only was the food fabulous the company was wonderful. I had met a bunch of them at Ana's birthday party last summer so we had fun catching up with them.Here's a pic from the bar we went to after the Mardis Gras party.

From one party to another. Su and Nancy made it to town yesterday! Since we were in Orlando we met Ana for lunch after I picked the girls up. We ate at this place calls K restaurant which Ana recommended and the food was wonderful. Sorry, no pics of the food, we were too busy catching up.The wife had school so she couldn't go with me to meet the gals but that worked out because once school was over she went to work making dinner for us! We made the evening a little party and had appetizers for dinner. There may have been a few drinks involved also. You know how it is the first night we get together. Lina even made a drink she created called the Genie martini, it was fabu, like everything else last night. Let's see, we had crab salad on endive with a side of melon, beef sandwiches, brie served in a pastry shell and orange marmalade and caprese kabobs (mozzarella, basil and tomato). We did get in trouble for going to the hot tub after hours but oh well, it's not like I didn't expect my neighbors to hate us by the time the girls left, LOL. This weekend we're adding Ana and Nally to the bunch. Party time!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see the pics, I do love looking at the food. *G*

Say hi to everyone for me, I sure miss you gals :)
We are having a great time at Pamela's, we've shopped, ate, drank, repeat. LOL
I'll try to get pics, Jones finally took a few at dinner last night but I kept forgetting mine at the house. Today we head up to the ski hill and the condo Libby got, I won't be doing any skiing or boarding but Libs has promised there is more fabulous shopping up there! As an aside, there was a BeBe store in Loveland, wOOt!

I hope you girls continue to have a fabulous time, tell Lina to text me some pics, and YOU text me some too 'Kay?
(((hugz)))

Bo said...

Too funny that Ana said the food was gone & then,TA-DA! for you.
That is a true friend *G*

I've seen a few shows on Food Network where they made the muffuletta sandwich,it DID look good so I am happy to hear it lives up to its appearance.I had never heard of King Cake but I love cinn rolls,so YUM!Sounds like a great time at Ana's!

'The wife had school' LMAO!
Jealous of the food and the company *sigh* You live the good life,my friend.Redeem yourself by sharing pics,LOL.

Gennita said...

Wow, sounds like you two had a yummy time! Mardi Gras parties and seafood--yum!

Say hi to GennitaSu and Nancy for me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! Wish I was there!!! Miss you guys! I love those sandwiches! Olive Tapanade is great! All that talk of Crab, thank goodness I'm going to a Crab Feast tomorrow! What's in the Genie cocktail??