I peep'd again...

As you know I have a lot hate relationship with peeps. I thought I had safely made it thru Easter peep free but then Lina and I were at the drug store 5pm and all I had eaten all day was a bowl of cereal and pointed them out. I decided to continue the tradition and succumb to the lure of the peep, LOL. I have to say, incredible hunger makes them more palatable. I devoured the entire package. Good thing I got the small one!

So today was spent at the hospital. Our little Lina is sick. She has a viral infection. They pumped her up on fluids and morphine. We both cheered when we heard she was getting morphine. Unfortunately, her take home drugs, not quite as good. It was a pretty good small hospital. They checked her in right away so she had a bed. I don't know why they didn't give me a bed too. I had to sit in a chair! Lina insisted I put my feet on her bed, isn't that sweet? She even covered my feet with her blankets, yes we are old marrieds LOL. I tried to tie her shoes for her but she wouldn't let me. I didn't want her to bend. While Lina enjoyed her drugs I did some work. I did get distracted by the drunk girl who insisted she wasn't drunk. She was very loud. We were also pretty grossed out by the guy in the bed next to us who puked. It was an awful sound. Then we were entertained by the old guys across the bed from us. Listening to them talk provided us with lots of chuckles.

Lina was sent home with a note from her dr excusing her from school on Tuesday. Reminds me of the army, the only reason you don't show up for work is because the dr told you not to. Don't worry, I will make sure the wife follows the dr's orders.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Holy crap Leiha, is she ok? That must be some virus if they hit the pain with morphine!
I hope it works for her, now I'm worried...

I'll call tomorrow, plz give her a big hug for me!

Anonymous said...

Tell her I said I hope she feels better soon!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Yes, peeps are highly addictive!!

Poor Lina! I hope she's back to normal very, very soon!

Bo said...

It's not more of that crap she was fighting with last year,is it? I hope not,she's been thru enough crap in the last year to last ten!
I hope she feels like her fabulous self again ASAP.Hooray for morphine,LOL.

Anonymous said...

That explains why my call to you went straight to your voice mail. Tell Lina I hope she feels better soon.

And did you know that there are sugar free peeps? Just doesn't seem right.

Debbie o

Phlexie said...

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes girlies! I'm feeling much better. The virus caused horrible pain in my joints, spine and neck, and when I was talking over the counter drugs, I would be done with the max daily dose by like 2pm and pretty much hurt the rest of the day and into the night... The doc sent me home with a couple of drugs (which I swear sound like a couple of Irish pubs :) ), one of which is vicodin, and it seems to do the trick... I hate the my-head-is-not-connected-to-my-body feeling they give me, but I'm trying ease up on the frequency slowly...

ANyway, a couple of other bit of entertainment/conversation from the hospital:

NURSE: I'll need your sample now.
PATIENT: OK, would you like urine or semen?
NURSE: EEEW, GROSS!



LINA: so what kind of drugs am I getting?
NURSE: names a ton of stuff (I only heard Morphine! Yes, pain sucks!)
LEIHA: ooh, sounds like a cocktail!
NURSE: laughs
LINA: can I get some vodka with that?
WOMAN IN THE NEXT BAY (WITNB): I want some of that!
LINA: vodka or morphine?
WITNB: either! both!
LINA: well, if you have some vodka, you can bring it over... as for the morphine 0 get your own!



DRUNK GIRL: It's 2pm, I can't be drunk! Something is wrong, please make it go away!
NURSE: how much have you had to drink?
DRUNK GIRL: only like 4 jagger bombs...



OLD PERSON #1: I can't wait to eat a decent meal tonight!
OLD PERSON #2: what do you want? we'll get you a steak!
OLD PERSON#3: do you want grilled steak or to go out?
OLD PERSON #1: No, I want steak! maybe we can go to Morton's or Bennigan's or Outback, or that steakhouse on down by the mall.
OLD PERSON #2: steak and potatoes! yup! we'll grill them good.
OLD PERSON #3: what's the matter with you, didn't you hear he said he want to go out?
OLD PERSON #2: he said he wants steak.
OLD PERSON #1: steak and potatoes! yes, I want steak and pototaoes. We could go to mortons... or outback... or

Chez said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Lina. Leiha, I have no bloomin idea what a peeps is ... is this another need a food piccie situation for the overseas chicks?

Lin said...

We don't have peeps either, so I had to look up what they were and erm yes a small packet once a year would be more than enough I think!

Pain can be a horrid thing to manage so glad to hear Lina is getting some relief from it now, and I think that's vodka's all round then :)

Gennita said...

Oh no...Lina, hope you're feeling better.

Nes said...

Oh gads.... Chez, I thought she typed PEED!!! And all along it said Peep'd.

I think I'm dyslectic... and have no clue as to what it means.

Hugs,

From totally confused..

PS: Hope you're feeling better, Lina!