Happy St Patrick's Day!

Yes this post is a little late but hey, you already know I march to the beat of my own drum LOL. I just wanted to use this picture. I must say, I LOVE corned beef but only when it's cooked at home. Whenever I've had it out it's always too dry. How can a meat so fatty be so dry? Since I knew we were going out on Monday I did my St Pats dinner on Sunday. Course I didn't make it to the store until late in the day and didn't have anything to eat all day so I carried my groceries in and then put the corned beef on the stove before I unloaded the groceries. That sucker takes a couple of hours to cook and I was hungry! I was going to deviate and get brussel sprouts instead of cabbage but they didn't have them so went with the cabbage instead. The food turned out wonderfully which is good because I've been eating leftovers until today and to tell you the truth, I could have eaten more. Good thing I had my roommate swoop in tonight to make me dinner because I was clueless on what I was going to make. She just shipped up cous cous with black beans, real bacon bits, cheese and avocado. It was delish!

Monday night we went out, naturally, LOL. We wanted to check out this Irish bar we have been wanting to check out but the line was outrageous. So we decided to go to Frank's Front Row where the Disposable Heroes were playing. Totally not planned. But when we got there and were walking by they were pretty dead so we kept walking, LOL. We walked down to the other Irish pub who also had a line but not quite as bad. Unfortunately the line was not moving AT ALL! After 15 minutes we decided it's ok to look like groupies because I was ready to sit down and the good thing about an empty bar is you can sit, LOL. We sat at the bar instead of up where the band was to look less like groupies but they totally noticed us when we had to go to the bathroom, LOL. But it was nice because they came over to chat when they were between sets and since the cat was out of the bag and we were outed we went to dance with the band when they played Duran Duran. They know I love the Duran, LOL. It was a fun night but we didn't call all of our drinks. We woke up a bit dehydrated to say the least, LOL.

The funny thing is, I said I wasn't going to drink that night, uh, yeah, that didn't happen, LOL.

BTW, 4 days later and my place still smells like burnt popcorn. That's right, I burnt my microwave popcorn! Eventually the smell will fade....I hope!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

I LOVE corned beef and cabbage!! I didn't get any this year. :(

I had to settle for a reuben and slaw dog instead...

Crap! I forgot to do a shot of whiskey! I'll have to get on that tomorrow!!

Bo said...

Love the pic,too funny!


I wanted to be a groupie,about 16 years ago,LOL.Underaged and underdeveloped,alas.Some of those rockstars...yum! Then I see how they look today & I kinda shudder,even though I still love the music.Sound has always taken place over looks,LOL.

Corned beef is delish! You're right,though,about it being dry from a restaurant.I never have a prob w/ hash or deli meat,but just as an entree they seem to screw it up.I frown at my Mother & tell her it's blasphemy to put mustard on it,just to annoy her *G*

You know I love me some Duran Duran too.Have much of their 'Greatest' album on my mp3 & have been enjoying the song 'Planet Earth' lately.'Hungry like the Wolf' & 'Wild Boys' will always be big faves.

Brenda said...

I love Maxine's sarcasm. LOL

I think I'd rather have red beans on my ice-cream than eat corned beef and cabbage. But the whiskey sounds good.
Um, no pics of food?
;o)

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I totally forgot it was even St Patty's day till it was about over. I blame... err... I'll think of something!

I hope the band is still around when I finally get there!

Oh man, there are not very many smells that linger like burnt popcorn! Open ALL the windows for as long as you can stand it!

Lin said...

Maxine is a hoot!

Duran Duran are playing in Orlando on May 18th.

Brenda has it bad, even wants pics of food she doesn't like! LOL

Leiha said...

girl a reuben and a slaw dog are fab but you can get those any time of the year, you need your corned beef meal with all of the fixings! Oh well, I hope you did your shot, I didn't know that tradition, can you do one for me too?

Bo, think of the memories you could have had, if you had any brain cells left, lol. The groupie life is not for us. Isn't it weird how it's always served dry? Good corned beef needs nothing but a forkful of mashed carrots and potatoes, yum!

The boys play Hungry Like the Wolf. The singer had to be talked into it but he digs it now.

Brenda, pics of corned beef are not pretty, LOL.

Luckily it's nice enough to leave our balcony doors, The smell is slowly dissipating, thank goodness! I'm trying to get the band to play more in the Naples area since this weekend is the last time they play here before my move. What's another 2 hours on their road trips?

Brenda is a food whore, I love it, LOL. I wouldn't pay money to see Duran Duran unless I was in the front. I'm too short and don't like big shows. Thanks for the info though. I did meet John Taylor once. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a pic!