I know, I know, I'm a slacker...

...and the sad part is, it's not because I was doing anything exciting or even doing anything, LOL.

I am happy that this weekend is daylight savings time. I like the extra hour of light. It doesn't mean I'm going to do anything productive with that extra hour, chances are strong that I am not, LOL but I still like it being lighter later. Probably because I am not a morning person so I don't need it to be lighter earlier. It does me no good then.

Jenna aka Gennita Low and I went to lunch yesterday. It had been much too long since we've seen each other. Time easily gets away from you. I was starving and thought I'd call up my asian sister to go feast with me. Yep, we went to the chinese buffet, don't tell the wife! Afterwards she took me to a wonderful used book store and while I didn't think I needed anything I walked out with 4 books, LOL. I also stopped by Casa de Jenna to meet Bad Puppy. Apparently it's not only men that he thinks is competition for her affection. It's funny because one second he's growling but the next he wants to be petter. He's a cutie pie though.

Some reality tv thoughts:
I was happy Cristian won on Project Runway, I loved that he showed vulnerability and not cockiness but in reality, it's Rami's collection I would want to wear. I think the reason he didn't win was his color choices.

I am so sad that Bernie got the boot on the Biggest Loser. He was the only person on the black team that I would want to win. You know Bob holds my heart so I really want a blue team member to win even though they are cocky. It's nice to see Jay come into his own now that his brother is gone.

On Rock of Love the only girl I like is Amber but she is way too good for the manwhore known as Brett Michaels.

Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew is over. It was a pretty ugly look at addiction. Which is probably why the celebs on the show were so D list (is there an F list?). I have to say these guys really put a lot of themselves out there for the show. I hope that they are able to fight their addictions but even Dr Drew doesn't expect a hundred percent success ratio, how sad.

Next week, Top Chef starts!

With Lina working so much lately an school I have been slacking on the workouts. We've set up times for me to workout in the mornings now 3 days a week, that being said, I'm going to Karen's during two of those days planned, LOL. All I can do is keep trying. I do still go to the gym but you know Lina works me out so much harder then I work out myself.

I was going to fly out my nephew for spring break but the ticket prices were almost $700. I guess that's what happens when you're a major spring break destination. I feel really bad because he was so excited. I might try to fly him our for a long weekend but he's not a great student so I don't want him to miss school, LOL. Plus, I'd like some time with him. I may have to wait until the summertime.

Last night is was butt cold but I told Nancy and Su I would try the pork parfait for them. The things I do for my friends. I have to say, I love fair food but I didn't try anything at Bike week other then the ice cream and potato chips that I really liked and the pork parfait was the worst! I actually ended up throwing it out and I'm asian! We don't waste food, LOL. The only good thing was the bbq sauce and maybe they were hoping that would cover up the taste of everything else. Such was not the case. And some visuals from Bike week for you all. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of the pasties but I didn't want to be too obvious, not that I think she would have a problem with obvious, LOL. Some meat pictures for Su.
And this dog was too adorable to not take a pic of. I think everyone who saw him took his pic, he was definitely the star.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Lin said...

Guess the drive to and from Karen's could be counted as an upper body workout? LOL

Sorry your nephew can't come out for Spring Break. Flight costs can vary so much. If I travel mid-week this month to US can get a flight for around $800 return, where as if had to go on a Sun/Mon one-way alone costs $4700!!! That's just ridiculous. As you don't want him to miss school and could possibly get a cheaper flight in the summer, at least will have more $ to do stuff and spend on him when he is there :)

Gennita said...

YUM PORK PARFAIT. You know I'd slurp it down. Think of that baby pork fat we were talking about. Heh.

Rosie said...

That's too bad about your nephew. I know how much you love spending time together. I was going to come for spring break to see the in-laws (and pop in on you), but again the tix were way too much, even with the credit I had on southwest.

I'm so bummed the pork parfait wasn't up to standard. I really thought it would compare to KFC's bowl.

That's so cool you and Jenna got to spend quality eating and visiting time together. The pooch sounds so cute!!!

Hugs,
Ro

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

What a cute puppy!! I think I have an outfit just like that!!

Wow! Those were some classy pasties. I want some that light up!!

Thanks for the meat product picture!!! :)

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I have mixed feelings about daylight savings, I love it towards the end of the day, but in the mornings... Not so much!

I hope when I come visit you that you can introduce me to Miz Jenna, but Bad Puppy sounds scary LOL

I liked the first season of Rock of Love (yes I admit I watched most of it *hangs head*) but you are so right, he's a man-ho. Probably trying to get it while the looks are holding out *snort*

I tip my hat to you for being brave enough to even TRY the pork-parfait! Your a brave soul who totally goes the extra mile for her girls!

That dog is great!

Leiha said...

I consider waking up in the morning a workout, LOL.

Shit! That price differential is beyond ridiculous! I told Nancy she's going to have to do something with him to make up for the fact he's not coming here. Won't be the same but better then nothing.

LOL the pork fat we were talking about was crispy, mmmmmm.

Jiggle Low is a tiny terror but it a fun way, he is cute and it's always fun to see Jenna.

Su, I'm sure you have an outfit just like that! When I think of you I think high class all the way. High class pasties that is, LOL.

I'm sure we can talk Jenna into a night out while you're here chick but we may have to commute in to see her I'm moving in the not too distant future.

I'm glad you all realize the sacrifices I make for you, LOL.