Blogging early...

since I promised to blog tonight and Lina and I are heading to Orlando tonight to meet up with Dao who is in town. We're going to Universal Citywalk. Not really grand eating but somewhere easy for us to meet up at.

So last night I went to bed at 2am even though I was exhausted. So tired I couldn't sleep. I had driven back from Karen's and the drive flew by thanks to the modern convenience known as a cell phone. I talked to Linda for 2 hours, Lina for a half an hour (yes we live together but I had been gone for 2 days and we needed to catch up before I got home, LOL) and Nancy the rest of the way. Anyway I finally got to sleep at 2 and then for no reason I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep! I was up until 7am!!! Oh the horror! You know I'm a sleeper. It was awful! I got maybe another hour and a half of sleep. Did I mention how awful it was? Needless to say I was a zombie today. Lina had the afternoon off and spring break was starting for her and I didn't want to do anything. But I'm rallying dang it, LOL.

I tried one of those 5 hour energy drinks that gas stations sell for my drive home and I think it really made a difference. Cause the drive to the Gulf coast was rough but that was also because I left in the morning after suffering daylight savings time and not getting the proper amount of sleep then. Plus I always seem to drive better at night. So I'll try it in the morning next time since I don't chat on the phone then because it's so early. But there was no crashing and I didn't feel wired like when I have red bull. The taste is not great but it's like a shot versus drinking a whole red bull which always makes me thirsty.

So I'm thinking the Gulf coast is going to be all quiet and staid and then I walk past a guy who looks like he has an interesting hair do then I look again, that wasn't his hair flopped to the side, it was a snake wrapped around his head! I should have stopped him and asked to take his picture. Next time I will.

I have been craving sushi forever and finally got some on Tue night at this place Karen has been raving about. I wanted a lot of sushi so I ordered a boat. It says it's for one person. OMG, it was more sushi then I could eat. Is that possible? Apparently it is, LOL. I took a pic and will post it below tomorrow. I need to hop in the shower now and get going. Yes, that means my giveaway will have to wait for another day:)

And here is the sushi boat! I am a big fan, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

I have been in Family Scrapbook Hell the past few days so I missed the first giveaway but I am paying attention now,you say there's another coming,LOL.

I detest DST.Dread it every year.Wish they would just leave it at the old time,ugh!

They are adv. that 5 hr drink a lot lately.I can't even stand the taste of Red Bull,or any energy drink,for that matter.Closest I come to that is a SoBe once in a while,does that count? Then again,there are ppl who hate coffee & I have to have it to function properly,so there you go.

I like driving at night better,I feel like I pay attention more or something.Less traffic,too-usually.

EEK! on the man w/ the snake on his head.Are you sure he wasn't lost from Bike Week,LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fabulous time last night with Dao. Sorry I couldn't join you ladies for any of it, but I just couldn't find a sitter. Oh well! Next time.

I am ALL screwed up from the DST. You'd think it wouldnt' be bad because it's only an hour, but it has been messing with me big time. I haven't been able to sleep well since.

I hope you got some good sleep last night and get a good nap today *BG!

Anonymous said...

Joe's a fan of the 5 hour energy. He's made me drink it a few times. I do have to say. I think it works, especially when I've had the early morning workout stupors. I'm scared of what's in it and I only drink 1/2 at a time.

Colleen said...

Hey Leiha - where did you get the sushi? I live in Punta Gorda now - only an hour or so (depends upon who's driving lol) north of Naples - (just on the northern side of the peace river). Anyway - I wanna check it out!!!!!!!

Leiha said...

Bo, you know how it goes, miss a day, miss a lot, LOL. I love DST I would love for it to be year round. It does take a week to adjust though.

I've never seent he 5 hr drink commercials but I think they work. I don't like tea or coffee so this is a nice alternative when I'm driving because when I drink diet coke it makes me thirsty so I also have to drink water so that means more peeing!

I think the sun makes me tired or rather more tired, you know I'm always tired, LOL.

He would have fit right in at bik week!

I'm sorry you couldn't come either Ana but I'm stoked to see you tomorrow.

DST really messed with me more then usual this week but I think its getting better, yay!

Why am I not surprised Steph? It used to be he lived on red bull so the 5 our energy is right up his ally. I thought about drinking half but since I was on a 4 hour trip I sucked it all down. My fave part was no crashing afterwards but now that I think about it, I wasn't able to sleep that night, LOL.

Colleen, welcome to my blog! I think there's one north of this one so it'll be closer to you. It's called Sushi Thai of Naples.

http://www.sushithaiofnaples.com/

I got the boat for $25 and it was a ton of sushi. By the time you read this I'll have posted the picture. I'm moving to the Estero area in May, any tips you want to share with me I'd love to hear them, especially about food, LOL.

Colleen said...

Thanks Leiha! I definitely need to check that place out - yummy! I live right off exit 167 of hwy I 75 - and my stepdaughter, son in law, and grandbabies live right off exit 123 (Corkscrew) in ESTERO!! How cool is that? If you like crab - you've got to come to my neck of the woods and go to the Peace River Crab Shack on Rte 17 (Exit 164). Little hole in the wall place - WONDERFUL stone crabs, blue crabs, grouper... based on the name alone, the whorehouse point meal is a great conversation starter (steamed oysters, a lb of jumbo shrimp, and a dozen littleneck clams). Wish they had a website - but like I said - they are really small! Hey - you are going to love living near the Miromar Outlets!!!!!

Colleen said...

Shoot - meant to ask you if you'd ever eaten at DaRuMa Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi bar in Naples - it's near Vanderbilt Beach - we used to go there a lot in the late 90's when my stepdaughters lived in Naples - wonderful teppanyaki table cooking - they've got another restaurant up in Sarasota - which is nearer to me now, and it's ok - but not quite as good as the one in Naples. Meant to ask you what is bringing you to Estero anyway??? Will Lina be joining you? (and did you figure out that I'm the Colleen that very occasionally posts @ RBL Romantica? *g*)

Leiha said...

Dang Colleen you're fast. I didn't have the pic up before you got back, LOL. No, I had no idea you were the Colleen from RBL, that is even more cool! I'm stoked. I love having RBLs nearby.

I know where Corkscrew is! I'm looking in that area. The boss moved to Estero a couple of weeks ago and I'll be following along shortly.

I LOVE little hole in the wall places with good food. I was driving down Tamiami the other day trying to find a place for lunch but didn't see anything but chains. I am going to Karen's pretty regularly, I'd love to meet you for dinner sometime at the Peace River crab shack, it sounds PERFECT! Blue crab is my favorite.

Lina won't be joining me but I am trying to wear her down, LOL.

Oh I'm so excited to meet you! A partner in eating!

Chez said...

Wow that is some BIG dinner for one. They really said it was a meal for one?!

A five hour energy drink, I could use one about now, the flu has hit me like a bloody sledgehammer and I'm down for the count.

Colleen said...

That is one impressive sushi boat! Yummo! Definitely email me the next time you plan to be in the Port Charlotte area and we'll do the crab shack for dinner...AND - if you happen to come on a Friday or Saturday between 4-7pM, they have an "all you can eat" blue crab special for $15 per person! It's not a meal - its a social occasion! I can sit for the entire 3 hours picking crab, eating, and talking lol!

Leiha said...

Girl, you're on! I haven't had all you can eat blue crab since I lived in Maryland. I prolly won't be there on a fri or sat until I move in May but I definitely have to do the crabs! I'll let you know the next time I'm coming and we can plan something.