Happy Easter!

I hope that you all had a wonderful day. Lina and I spent the day relaxing and just chilling out. We went and lounged by the pool for awhile. The wind kept it from being too hot. It also kept us from noticing that we were burning, LOL. It's not a bad burn, for me I got burned on areas that normally see the sun, the torso and inner legs. I wish I would have taken my shower before my nap since the burn didn't show up til after. Now the thought of the hot water on me has kept me from showering all day, don't worry, I'll take one before I crawl into bed but it's going to hurt. I hate cold showers so that is not an option.

After my nap I finally tackled something I've been post-poning for a couple of months. Remember the hundred dollars worth of pics I got printed? I needed the box they were in so I opened them earlier this week and today I finally put them in albums. I had stocked up on albums but one of them needs picture corner tabs so I was able to put all the pics except from my Vegas/Jersey pics into albums. I had over a year and a half worth of pics with many trips during that time so I'm happy to have them printed and put in albums now. I have to say it was fun looking at all of my pics and trying to decide which ones I want to frame.

Friday night we had grand plans to go to a local gay bar that has a drag queen show. We dressed up because you know those gays judge. I must say, I looked fabulous. Just because they're gay there is no reason they can't enjoy my fabulous ass and boobies. I must say, looking at this pic, this dress makes me look short. Ha ha, yes, I know I'm short but shorter. Maybe I should have the hem taken up because the dress is very flattering.

We went to dinner at Angell and Phelps. The last time we went there we were in sweats so it was nice to be a bit more presentable. Although this time people were looking at us because we looked like hookers, LOL. Dinner was enjoyable. They always have live musicians play there and the women who sang were pretty good. We split a mediterranean salad and then Lina had a cheese ravioli in a tomato sauce and I had crab cakes. They were both appetizers but big enough to be entrees and because Brenda has been hassling me I took some pics, LOL.I was full after one crab cake and because we were going out I left the other one. That was painful for me.

We walked down to the gay bar but the show wasn't starting til midnight and it was only 10 something so we walked to another bar but we really stood out there so we headed to Frank's where the band was playing. I had burned a CD full of pics for them from band week to drop off. We hung out there an hour and then went to the gay bar. Talk about a disappointment. I guess the fact that they let people under 21 in should have been a giveaway. It was more of a hip hop bar then a gay bar and let me tell you, there was no reason to dress up! We still hung out waiting for the show to start. We shouldn't have bothered. This guy came out dressed as a guy instead of a girl and lip synching! What? I was looking for some fabulousness and that was not what I was seeing! We gave it 3 performers even though the 2nd performer had a drag queen dancing while he lip synched Lina says she saw something poking out that shouldn't have been poking out and it was pierced, LOL. I missed it unfortunately. After the 3rd guy came out not dressed in drag we left and went back to Franks to hang with the band. At least we know where not to go, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Ouch! I hate it when I get a sunburn. I'm sure it will turn into a nice tan color within a few days.

As fine as you were looking that night, you should have jumped on stage and bumped those boys off! You probably would have walked away with some serious cash!

Food looked great! I feel your devastation over leaving your lone crab cake. Poor wounded soldier!

Brenda said...

Food, woohoo! It sucks that you had to leave your crab-cake but you're a strong woman for walking away from it.
I'm disappointed for you on the drag-show. What a let-down. I've never been to see the queens put on a show but I've always wanted to. Maybe you & the wife can find another one there that's good.
Thanks for the food pics!

Leiha said...

Lina is now a nice brown but I'm still a tad red, thankfully it doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I could have put the non drag queen queens out of bidness but then they would have started pulling my hair and it would have been ugly, LOL.

I'm still not over leaving the soldier behind.

Brenda, don't come here for drag, that's for sure, LOL. We'll find some other ways to keep ourselves occupied, LOL.