OK I lied

No pic of your prize today. I was out all day and am exhausted. I mean truly exhausted not just my normal constant state of laziness, LOL.

I really looked cute today, I should have taken a pic of my outfit, I was styling. I wore my new shoes, it was test time and let me say, they failed. They will be going back even though I did look wonderful in them. I'm sure part of the reason was I haven't worn heals in ages but still, I knew that they wouldn't be comfortable for any amount of time and I'm a girl that needs comfort!

I had plans to meet Ana in Orlando at noon but by the time I picked up Jenna I knew I would be late. I tried not to be late. I got into the shower in plenty of time but I got distracted and the next thing you know a few minutes here, a wrong turn there and voila, late! I did call Ana to let her know though and she was very understanding.

Jenna and I will never be roommates. We spent the entire car ride down (and back) talking about food. Food glorious food! We pretty much figured out if we lived together we'd both be fat.

Ana joined us and we proceeded to feast. We had them cook back in the kitchen since it was such a warm day, plus this kept the grill covered which meant easier access to the various kimchees. Easy food access is nice but I'm not adverse to reaching if need be, LOL. I got what I always got, kalbi. I told them how good it was but they decided to march to the beat of their own drum Ana with the chicken and Jenna with jap chae which is a glass noodle dish. Of course they enjoyed mine the best. I told them, LOL.

Afterwards Ana was off to meet her family, she was taking Little J to see his first movie Horton Hears a Who. How cute. Jenna and I tried to find this bakery that she loved because we had discussed all of the asian pastries we loved and were on the hunt. We couldn't find it but had planned on coming back to do some grocery shopping so off we went to Nordy's.

Ohhhh, my beloved Nordstrom's. It took me less then a minute to return my goods. When we came in we noticed there was a big set up at the makeup counter so off we went to check it out. They were doing free makeovers. I went with the NARs girl because she was asian. Hey, I have asian eyes, might as well go with someone who knows how to work with them. We went with the smokey look, I don't know if it looked smokey but I had a lot of eye make up on. Not that I'm adverse to it, I told her I wanted dramatic but since I don't normally wear makeup during the day it was a lot. Plus she went sheer on the lip gloss, I need some color. Jenna didn't want a makeover so she just watched but then she saw the foundation on me and was curious and the next thing you know she's sitting in the seat getting a makeover too LOL. She looked great and got the foundation. I am leery about buying foundations because I have some that looked great in the store that don't look great anymore including my tinted moisturizer that I don't want to spend the money on it anymore.

My feet were killing me so we went into the shoe section and I found what I was looking for in the UGG section. I found the comfort in the sole that I was looking for and they were cheaper then the other shoes. I don't think they are quite as dressy but they are nicer then wearing flip flops out. The salesman tied them on for me, that was hot, LOL. These shoes had more of the cushioned sole I was looking for.

And since the shoes cost less and I did return some items I felt justified buying a new pair of flip flops because I really do need a pink pair and these are so comfy!On the other shoes I had to go up to size 7 because of the width factor but on the flip flops I wanted size 6 because flip flops look weird when they're too big and why pay for something that doesn't fit right? The good news is, they'll ship it to me for free, sold!

So Jenna and I drove back to Chinatown (let me tell you, I've never made so many wrong turns in my life! Every stop I made today ended with me backtracking, starting with Jenna's house, LOL) still on the search for pastries. I'd given up on grocery shopping because even though I wore my new shoes out of the store I was still pooped. Unfortunately the trip was for naught because the store was no longer there.

Driving home we were severely disappointed and of course started talking desserts again and decided the next best thing would be a shake. She found out I had never had a shake from Steak and Shake so we stopped there when we got back to DB. I must say the shake was quite tasty but what I really enjoyed were their fries. She had gotten a small order to go with her shake and they were shoestring fries which I love!

Thus ended my adventures with Jenna. By the time I got home I was dead on my feet, it was after 7 and I desperately needed some sleep. Needless to say Lina and I didn't go out tonight. I slept til 9:30pm and woke up with tired legs. I haven't worn heals in awhile and to wear some for 8 hours, even if I was sitting for half of that time killed me. Jenna and I are already talking about our next adventure in eating. Too bad I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I can't go try Checkers fries, she highly recommends them, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Lin said...

Shame about the shoes but conform always has to come first! Blisters and ache feet are really no fun, and as we already established you look fabulous anyway so don't need the shoes to look good! LOL

Lin said...

comfort even!

Brenda said...

Poor litle bunny. Sorry abut your sore feet. Comfort is paramount, so you made the right choice.
Food? Pics of food?
;o)

Lin said...

Hmmm I'm kind of getting the impression you got Brenda addicted to food pics LOL

Leiha said...

Yeah I need to retrain my feet to be in something other then flip flops. They are not liking the change, no matter how comfortable my shoes are, LOL.

Sorry chick, no pics of food. You know what korean food looks like, LOL.

She's an addict and I'm her dealer, LOL.