I am an old lady...

Or at least I am walking like one, LOL. That's right, before my old gym membership is even cold or final I got a new membership to another gym. I walk in with my ikea bag full of kickboxing gear while everyone else has their bag gloves, they give you a pair when you join, I have 2 pair of my own already but didn't want to give the impression I could kick butt because at this point I couldn't. Everyone else sits on the bench just hanging til class starts and I'm putting on my ankle braces and my knee braces, LOL. In the future I'll leave my ikea bag of gear at home and gear up before I get there.

Because there is a class immediately before us we have to roll out our own bags and I was the last one in there and moving slowly since I'm not used to these weighted bags and moving them myself so the instructor moved it for me and I ended up in the front which normally I don't mind but not when I'm so far out of shape and then class begam, OMG! She started with high knees then jumping jacks, then hopping on one leg, the jumping jack combinations. Remember the above comment about strapping on my knee braces? I have bad knees. So it was bad, on top of bad. Plus there was no stretching so my calves felt like they were going to snap. Needless to say I was barely moving and that was just the warm up! Then for the punching kicking combos we teamed up and I teamed up with the only guy in the class. He was supposed to kick and then I would kick. The good thing is my skills are still there but my stamina not so much, he was doing two kicks to my one and then eventually by the time we got to the combos he was doing 5 combos to my one, LOL. I never recovered from the warm up! And they don't do water breaks, LOL. Luckily, I know what I can and cannot do so I'll stop and take a break and the instructor never bothered me because I do know what I'm doing, I'm just doing it very slowly, LOL.

I wanted to go to class tonight but my calves are killing me but I will go tomorrow night. I want to get back in the habit of at least going 3 times a week. It's time to get back on track! As much as I missed kickboxing I had forgotten the fact that I was always sore, ugh, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

WTF, no water breaks? I think that's a little cruel myself.

Oh yes, we would do the one legged jumps in Taekwondo. I remember them well (ugh). I sometimes wonder if that was how my Achilles got stretched?

But anyway, good for you girl, for getting back on that horse! I'm proud of you. Now, if I was as proud of myself, that would be awesome.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Good job for going back Leiha, I think if I KNEW I was going to be in pain everytime I did something, I'd do something else. I'm not a real big fan of pain LOL

I have an aerobic kickboxing tape, now I'm scared of it! Heh

Is Bloodfever still doing great?

Brenda said...

Ha! I'm with Aimee. My motto is:
No pain, No pain.
I admire you for getting back into it. (You do have a little masochism in you, don't you?)You & Nancy are inspiring. Do you really, really find it fun or do you do it because it's good for you?

Bo said...

Uh-uh,can't do exercise w/out water.Must hydrate.Must breathe.

I don't think I'll ever convince myself to go to the gym again,you have way more willpower than I,LOL.
When I was going a few years ago I paid on a month-to-month basis and really liked it.

Anonymous said...

i need to talk to you about kickboxing i'm struggling.

good for you to get back in.

Anonymous said...

Well girlie looks like you are going to have be doing some PRE stretching and hydrating along with putting on all your kick-boxing gear!

Then you are going to have to do some POST stretching and hydrating so that you don't pass out with your legs in the air like a cockroach!

I'm PROUD of you for going--now get your big butt back there!

I'm off to do my Turbo Kickboxing class today so I'll be sore with you!

Leiha said...

I know! I need a water break just to get my breath back.

I have decided I just am not going to do all of those hops. I need to get my knee stronger.

It's hard to get back into the habit, I know that first hand. You wil go when you are ready.

LOL Aimee. I know, I must be a masochist! I haven't heard this week's numbers for Bloodfever but I think it's still doing great.

Brenda remember you wanted to get in shape for next year. The clock is a ticking, LOL. I initially do it because it's good for me and I hope to find classes that are fun to get me there on the days I'm not feeling it.

Bo, I'm doing month to month this time and am happy about the fact. I needed to breath more then I needed the water, LOL. You're chasing after 2 young kids and working, you have plenty of exercise right there!

Give me a call this weekend Steph and we'll talk.

Actually I'm proud of my bit butt, unfortunately, my big gut comes with that, LOL.