I can't believe I'm blogging...

When I have A Lick of Frost by LKH in my hands. Thanks to Beaty's post on RBL informing me it was out I went to the bookstore today, unfortunately I was in a rush because I was going to go babysit for my friend so I didn't have time to get the JD Robb I wanted. I'm reading the paperbacks on those and still haven't got the newest one. The good news is the book was 30% off and I had $5 in Borders bucks which is like cash in the store so my book was only $13! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, I had told my friend I would babysit for them tonight so haven't had a chance to crack it open and it's now midnight. Do I risk it? You know I'm going to read for a couple of hours. How can I not?

I haven't been reading before bed very much lately which could be why my TBR pile is actually a mountain but last night I picked up Julie Ortolon's new book Unforgettable. I started it this weekend. I only meant to read a couple of chapters but it was so good I couldn't put it down. Her characters were very real, some things about both of them irritated me but the characters were real, not perfect and it was wonderfully written. I finished the book at 2:15am. Good thing that has been to be about the time I've been going to bed lately. I'm planning on next week to get back on a little more of a schedule but since it's off, might as well go read A Lick of Frost, LOL.

BTW, who watched The Biggest Loser? Could you believe that? And I never ever ever watch the Bachelor but nothing was on and I got sucked in. This guy seems genuine, well except for the fact he's made out with several of the girls but at least he's not Brett Michaels.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Aaarghh you have Lick of Frost as wellQ!@#@. I'm still waiting for that too.

BTW did read the lovely dediction in Bloodfever to you. You deserve all the nice dedictions and stuff. One day you might even crack being a character huh. Yup, I know Barrons or Vlane walking down the street and BANG runs into this girlie with the biggest smile and a camera full of food pictures. Totally see that in the next book (tell Karen).

Oh and that dragon pendant ... WANT IT BAAAAAAAD. How gorgeous.

I would completely understand staying up all night to read about Doyle and Frost.

Brenda said...

I had to take a sick-day from work today. Strange how I felt so much better after I made the call. Hmmm
And it just so happens that I have LKH's Lick of Frost in my posession. I'm sure that's what's making me feel better. *BG*
I think Chez is right, I totally see you as a future 'Fever' character. I think Karen might surprise you. I like Chez's story-line too. LOL!
Come to think of it, it's been a while since you've posted some food pictures. You need to go out to eat somewhere so you can fix that.
;o)

Leiha said...

Well with JB if that happens you'll be wondering if he's a death by sex fae because my clothes will magically fall off, LOL.

A say in bed spent reading sounds heavenly and very near in my future. A day spent eating is also wonderful!