A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Hello from Guest Blogger Linda! I have to admit that I really do not have a fabulous topic to blog about today! So it will be just a few thoughts! I'm still having trouble that Christmas Displays are going up right next to the Halloween ones! I know that Nancy brought up the subject of Christmas last week, but already seeing it is a bit much! And in my mailbox- the November issue of Bon Appetitt and the Christmas Book from Neiman Marcus! Now by my calendar it is only October 7! My niece's 14th birthday. So why the rush?

I know that in the next weeks I will be inundated with every catalogue possible along with their sister publications and probably even a few distant cousins! And many the same ones over and over with just the cover picture different! I am able now to just recycle without looking through 90% of them. But even the ones I like begin to stack up! Of course then they join my stack of cooking and travel mags which I'm only at Sept! So already 2 months behind with Nov. already arriving!

I'm also thinking that our weather went straight to winter and no stopping at Fall! In the past we have had a beautiful Indian summer in October! But no, Snowing in the mountains, cold, rainy here - Must be because we have hired a painter for our 3 row houses and he needs a week of dry weather to pressure wash and paint! I have to finish moving my Herbs off the deck before! At least the BBQ can stay put!

I now have an early morning wakeup call because there are 2 construction projects going on. One directly behind, that uses our driveway for access and then one on the side. They begin work between 6:30 &7 am! Very loud trucks etc. So I was at least trying to look on the bright side - hunky contractors, construction workers with out shirts etc...No such luck! Now I just have to get up and no eye candy at all! Yes, that is a self pity whine!

My body is slowly adjusting to exercise again. My Yoga class started up last week and i have my pilates and personal trainer set up for this week! Believe me, my lack of stomach muscles due to surgery is becoming quite evident! It's going to be a bit of a battle to get them back in shape! At least there is a hot tub!

Well I'd better get back to moving my plants! I hope all of you have a great day!
Share on Google Plus

About sparkle

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Melissa said...

Sorry to hi-jack Linda, but I need to tell Leiha and all you my other friends to visit my blog.
I'm having to use my son's laptop so I don't have access to my address book to be able to email anyone.
Thanks, see you, Me

NancyB said...

Construction with now eye candy! You were robbed! Look at the construction this way... you can use all that extra time in the morning to get caught up on your magazines!

I really hope it did not pour in Portland like it did up here all day yesterday - I was wondering if I should get out the Ark to get to work Monday morning. If it keeps up like this your house wont be painted until next August - I will work on the sun dance for you later today :)

Great job on the exercise - it is hard to go back after you have missed for a while - Way to go! I also spent some quality tub time this weekend, darn lunges.

Chez said...

Gosh that's a lot of exercise. I wish I could be half as dedicated as you. The construction stuff sucks, so I'm sending you cyber ear plugs.

It is amazing how every year the Christmas stuff starts earlier and earlier (sigh)