More trips thoughts and pics

I know, I am milking the heck out of this trip, LOL. Here are pics taken outside of the house and inside by BAM. I think the best part of the house was the porch but it also had 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, score! Renting a house with your girlfriends is definitely the way to go.




I didn't mention the fact that we went to Savannah on Saturday. Number 1 on our list was eating at Lady and Sons, Paula Dean's restaurant. You know how much I enjoy that place. Unfortunately it is #1 on a lot of people's list so they filled up for lunch so Linda and Mich spent the afternoon waiting in line for us to get on the dinner list. We also walked all around Savanna visiting the little parks/squares that they have troughout the city. It was a hot day, I was wearing white, I'm a sweater, needless to say, I should have been getting tipped by the guys who passed us because they were getting a free show, LOL. To recover we took a carriage ride through the town. I am someone who falls asleep in moving vehicles (which is why when I'm road tripping I drink a lot of soda, LOL) and the carriage ride was no different. After this we headed down to the riverfront to eat some oysters and chill out and have a drink, then to the Vu lounge in the hyatt to have a couple of more drinks then it was dinner time where Su didn't say but 2 words while eating her first plate of food. Did I mention she was hungry? I don't think the food was quite as good as the first time we were there but it was still dang good, especially the cauliflower au gratin.

Sated and exhausted we headed home.

On Sunday Gennita Low (she was in town for a workshop) and I spent the day singing karaoke. OMG, I created a monster! Of course she was shy at first, just listening to me sing but I knew that as soon as I turned on the second mic and handed it to her she would love it, and she did! We sang songs together, then she sang while I was cleaning the kitchen, she was singing while I was changing the laundry, she was singing while I was taking a shower, yes, I think she got over her shyness, LOL.

While we were singing the other girls (the ones left, Mich and Brenda left that morning) went to Magnolia plantation.



Then when the girls got back it was time for our final meal which Linda called the leftover meal but we called the gourmet meal. We had 2 different kinds of steak and Linda whipped up a chimichurri sauce (which is a sauce made with cilantro, garlic, oil that was divine) to go on our steaks, fresh shrimp (was going to BBQ them but the mosquitos were in kamikaze mode dive bombing their bodies onto unsuspecting victims, LOL) and risotto. OMG, Barb and I couldn't even move for the rest of the night. Now that's what I'm talking about!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Honey you are allowed to milk when you have such lovely piccies. I think I could endure living in that house it looks heaven. Must say Savannah is one place I would love to visit and play southern belle (sigh).

Brenda said...

I'm sad that I missed Magnolia Plantation. It's been 13 years since I've been there, but I remember it was beautiful. Did you see the humongous trees? Did they still have the petting zoo with miniature horses and deer?
I know Barb really wanted to see it. I hope she wasn't disappointed.
That last meal y'all had is making my mouth water. Steak & seafood. Mmmmmm.

NancyB said...

I wish I was back on the porch in the hammoc! Or wandering the gardens at the plantation... Or even better ordering a Chery Lime Aid at Sonic!!
Real life is such a pain :)

Gennita said...

Nope, there was NO SINGING!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I sure wish I could have been there, just for the company. The food is just a perc :)

I would have loved to hear Jenna sing, or would I? LOL

Just got home from elk hunting just in time to enter the RBL Rocks KMM contest, I have great timing LOL

Miss ya chica, (((hugs)))

Leiha said...

Savannah is a small town but definitely worth a visit. I love the feel of it and of course, the food doesn't hurt, LOL.

As far as I know Brenda the girls had a wonderful time there. I almost had to send out a search party LOL.

I need to try the cherry limeaid the next time I go to Sonic. I have to say, I really enjoyed their tots LOL.

Jenna, I couldn't tear the mic out of your hand! Good thing I have 2, LOL.

Aimee, Jenna sings like me, there are some highs and there are some lows but the fun and enthusiasm is always there!