Call off the dogs....

OK, I got an email from BAM today who was worried because I haven't posted in awhile. No need to send a search party after me, I just really haven't felt like blogging recently as you can tell. I have been a little busy but also tired too plus I haven't been reading other blogs much either so I've fallen off of the blogging bandwagon. Hopefully I'll be back on soon.

In case you don't know, we're having daily contests at Karen's message board to get ready for the release of Bloodfever next Tuesday. I can't wait for everyone to read it. It kicks some serious petunia!

Yesterday I was driving home and they had a lane closed on one part so there was a tiny backup and the wind was blowing and there were leaves flying all over (it was getting to rain) and it was surreal looking and cool, especially since there was a church right there but the appeal quickly faded when chunks of something started hitting my car, LOL. I don't know what it was but the wind and the leaves quickly lost their appeal!

Do you ever get to the point where you're so tired that you can't sleep? I was like that last night. I was soooo tired yet I stayed up doing nothing then I finally laid down at 1am but couldn't get to sleep til 2 which I don't let get to me because I don't have to answer to an alarm clock. Then my sister called me with a question at 3:40am! She had a dilemna and needed to talk to me. Fine, being the supportive sister I am I don't even yell at her (LOL ok I'm not a yeller) but I didn't make her feel bad and gave her my infinite words of wisdom. Then proceeded to be awake until 4:30am. I finally get back to sleep and my sister calls me again an hour later! OMG! I know! I told her to not call me again, first off, middle of the night phone calls from family members always give you that instant of terror and secondly, I wanted to get some sleep, LOL. I know it took awhile for my friends and family to adjust to me being on the east coast but it has been a year! If I wasn't such a cool person I would have called her when I knew she was sleeping but since it wasn't deliberate on her part (like my FRIEND who likes to wake me up on my birthday, you know who you are, LOL) I didn't retaliate. Needless to say, my nap was much needed today!

Normally I have a new trip or visit planned shortly after I take my last one but I'm thinking that if I don't take a trip this winter that I may get laser eye surgery. I know the friends who have had it have thought it was the best thing they could have done. Do any of you have words of advice on it? I also figure maybe I can finally get my vacation weight off if I stop taking vacations LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Brenda said...

Oops. Sorry if M&D were hunting you down. You know it's 'cause they love ya.
As for the Lasik eye surgery, yes, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I take it for granted now, but I remember the days when (swear-to-God) I would run into the walls at night trying to find the bathroom. I would pass people in a hallway or street and not see them well enough to identify them even with glasses or contacts. (Now they know I wasn't stuck-up, just blind as a bat).
I can go down a water slide & see where I'm going (kinda). No more red-eye from contacts, no debris under the contact which hurts like hell. No more dry-eye or indentations on my nose from glasses. And I've saved much, much more money by having the surgery and not buying glasses or contacts. From what I've heard, the surgical procedure has improved dramatically. You don't have to worry about involuntary eye-movements like you did before. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of Lasik.
The second best thing I ever did for myself was get braces when I was in my thirties. Now, if I could just afford lipo-suction and a lift here and there. LOL!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I know a couple of people who have had Lasik, and they all say it's the best thing they ever did. They all said they went in, got those dialation drops & a numbing agent put in their eye(s) and next thing they knew it was all finished.

Brenda, I'm with you, I want a bit of lipo LOL

Glad to see you back Leiha, I hope you get some good sleep soonest :)

sparkle said...

Leiha, I say go for it! I'm going to do it as well. In fact I need to call the Dr.! Just be sure to ask if you will need reading glasses after. It is pretty common! Probably why I have waited until now! I'm just starting to need my glasses to read!! LOL I'm going to switch the lenses in my glasses after surgery, because I love my cool frames!!

Bo said...

Go for it,I've heard great things! Although I must say,if you skip a vacation,what the hell are we supposed to do for pics & entertainment around here? Didja ever think of that? *G*

I need to update my blog,maybe later today.

Ugh on your sis waking you up 2x! And those kind of calls always make you think someone's died or been in a wreck.Hopefully she won't wake you again unless it really is an E.

Chez said...

That Laser eye surgery sounds like it is the go then. I have considered it, but had a friend who got one eye done and then refused to go back and have the other done as she didn't cope well with the pain after. Having said that, it was over 10 years ago and I'm sure things have improved since then. She also told me that her vision was much better in the eye that was lasered and if she wasn't such a sook she would get the other eye done.

I think I would have considered a voodoo dolly for anyone who woke me twice in the middle of the night. You are far too nice hon.

Leiha said...

Girl, it wasn't your parents huting me down, it was you, LOL!

OK I don't normally run into walls but I did run into the door recently when I woke up to go pee, LOL. Contacts do drive me crazy which is why I don't wear them and I am on my last pair so now would be a perfect time to get it done, that and I look awesome in sunglasses, LOL. My sister got braces in her 20s. I think these things that make you feel better about yourself are well worth it.
Yeah, wish I could afford lipo too. Guess I should go to the gym, LOL.

I did sleep better last night, could be due to lack of phone calls, LOL. I like hearing stories like that chick!

Linda since I wear glasses all the time except when I'm reading I'm ok with the switch. I had no idea you were thinking about doing it. You do have cool frames. I'll just buy a lot of cheap sunglasses at Ross, LOL.

Bo, I will have to think of something interesting to talk about, ohhh, I might have to re-think then, LOL.

LMAO, I can't believe your friend only got one eye done. Then again, I remember when it first came out I was like I'll only do one eye at a time just in case. Luckily it's been out long enough that I now feel comfortable doing it. It definitely sounds like a go.

Rachael Narins said...

I heard that if you get laser eye surgery you can never have an orgasm again. AND, it causes b-acne. And persistant halitosis. And a limp. Weird, but true!

You'd better plan a trip to LA instead. Yup. Much safer.

Brenda said...

WOOF